We have received an amazing array of nominations for this years awards, however a few of you have asked for a little more time to submit your nominations. With this in mind, we are extending the award deadline to Friday 25 March 2016. Please note there will be no further extension passed this revised deadline.
About the Rising Star awards
The WeAreTheCity Top 100 Rising Star awards are the first to focus on the UK’s female talent pipeline below management level and will celebrate 100 female individual contributors that represent the leaders & role models of tomorrow. We hope that by raising the profile of our short list and winners, we will also encourage organisations to consider how they strengthen the development of their female pipeline in the future.
- Rising Stars in Banking, sponsored by Societe Generale
- Rising Stars in Charity, sponsored by Cancer Research UK, Women of Influence
- Rising Stars in Consulting, sponsored by EY
- Rising Stars in Defence, sponsored by PA Consulting
- Rising Stars in Diversity, sponsored by AON
- Rising Stars in EA/PA, sponsored by EPAA (Executive and Personal Assistant Association)
- Rising Stars in Education & Academia, sponsored by the University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- Rising Stars in Entrepreneurs, sponsored by Virgin Media Business
- Rising Stars in Facilities Management, sponsored by ISS
- Rising Stars in HR & Recruitment, sponsored by Twenty Recruitment
- Rising Stars in Insurance, sponsored by Lloyd’s
- Rising Stars in Investment Management, sponsored by Newton Investment Management
- Rising Stars in Law, The Lynne Freeman Award, sponsored by Reed Smith
- Rising Stars in Media & Journalism, sponsored by Bloomberg
- Rising Stars in Oil & Gas, sponsored by PwC
- Rising Stars in Property Services, sponsored by Kier
- Rising Stars in Public Sector, sponsored by Socitm Advisory
- Rising Stars in Sales, sponsored by WorldPay
- Rising Stars in Sports, sponsored by PedalSure
- Rising Stars in Technology, sponsored by Morgan Stanley
- Rising Star Champions, sponsored by Oliver Wyman in partnership with UN Women National Committee UK
Find out more about our sponsors here
Criteria for entries
- Open to all women regardless of age
- Nominees must be below senior/middle management
- Nominees must be working within the industry of the category they are nominated for
- Nominees must be working in the UK or Northern Ireland
- Individuals can nominate themselves
How we define a rising star
- Someone who is a champion of women in their business or sector
- Someone who strives to achieve success and results
- Someone who gives back or inspires others
- Someone who is recognised by others as having the potential to become a future leader in their industry
- 01 February: Nominations open for all categories
- 25 March: Nominations close for all categories
- 25 March: Additional information deadline
- 25 April: Top 10 shortlist from each category announced/public voting opens for all shortlisted nominees
- 17 May: Shortlist celebration event at Bloomberg
- 27 May: Public voting closes for all shortlisted nominees
- 06 June: Top 5 Rising Stars for each category announced
- 30 June: Top 100 Rising Stars drinks reception and awards for winners, guests and sponsors at Barclays
Recognising that careers for women may follow different timescales, the Top 100 Rising Star awards will not have any age restrictions included within the criteria. We feel we have a responsibility to ensure that female talent regardless of age and background receives the necessary support and skills to transition into key decision-making roles within our organisations.
WeAreTheCity will use its extensive reach across the UK & Ireland to find 100 high-achieving women across 20 key industries and professions.
A shortlist of 10 for each category will be judged by our judging panel and published during April. Public voting will then open for all nominees. All shortlisted nominees will also be invited to celebrate their achievements at our shortlist celebration on the 17th May, kindly sponsored and hosted by Bloomberg.
Judging of the final five winners for each category will take place with the category sponsors & independent judges during May. The 100 winners will be announced in June where they will be invited to celebrate their awards at a champagne reception.