Last year, through our Rising Star awards WeAreTheCity highlighted the achievements of 100 future leaders and role models across 20 different industries and professions. We are proud to announce that our previous winners have gone on to achieve phenomenal success. You can read about some of their achievements here.
“Since winning the Rising Star award in Diversity award in 2016, I have been promoted from UK Diversity and Inclusion Manager to Head of Diversity and Inclusion. This award has been instrumental in raising my profile and credibility both inside Zurich and externally.” – Julie Thomas, Zurich
Due to the success of these awards, WeAreTheCity are now seeking to recognise the achievements of a further 100 role models and future female leaders in 2017, however we cannot do this without your nominations!
The Rising Star awards recognise the achievements of women who are below Senior Management or Director level and therefore represent the female talent pipeline and the next generation of future leaders.
“It has been great being involved with WeAreTheCity. Since winning the Rising Star in Law award in 2016, I have been promoted to a senior associate.” – Danielle Ayres, Gorvins Solicitors
In previous years, the awards have been supported by an array of FTSE sponsors and this year is no different. We are proud to announce that this year’s award headline sponsors are The Times and The Sunday Times.
The Rising Star awards are also supported by Aon, Barclays, Bloomberg, Citi, CRUK, EY, Keir, Lloyd’s, Morgan Stanley, Northern Trust, Oliver Wyman, Societe Generale, Streets Consulting, Worldpay and 3M. Additional sponsors and categories will be announced throughout January.
Alongside our Rising Star categories and Rising Star Champion award, we are also pleased to announce a new award for 2017 – Company of the Year. This award recognises the achievements of a company who can clearly demonstrate that they are actively supporting its female talent pipeline through their initiatives, training, development programmes and internal employee relations and diversity network groups.
Nominations will take place online via the Rising Stars website. For details of the criteria to enter the awards, click here.
Categories included in the 2017 Rising Star awards are as follows:
- Rising Stars in Banking, sponsored by Societe Generale
- Rising Stars in Charity, sponsored by CRUK
- Rising Stars in Construction, sponsor TBA
- Rising Stars in Consulting, sponsored by EY
- Rising Stars in Defence, sponsor Royal Navy
- Rising Stars in Diversity, sponsored by Aon
- Rising Stars in Education & Academia, sponsored by EDIT Development
- Rising Stars in Entrepreneurs, sponsored by Citi
- Rising Stars in Fintech, sponsored by Streets Consulting
- Rising Stars in HR & Recruitment, sponsored by LinkedIn
- Rising Stars in Insurance, sponsored by Lloyd’s
- Rising Stars in Investment Management, sponsored by Northern Trust
- Rising Stars in Law (The Lynne Freeman Award), sponsored by Reed Smith
- Rising Stars PAs and EAs, sponsor TBA
- Rising Stars in Property and Facilities Management, sponsored by Kier
- Rising Stars in Science and Engineering, sponsored by 3M
- Rising Stars in Sales, sponsored by Worldpay
- Rising Stars in Sport, sponsored by PedalSure
- Rising Stars in Technology, sponsored by Morgan Stanley
- Rising Stars Champions, sponsored by Oliver Wyman
- Rising Stars Company of the Year Award sponsored by Barclays
The awards are also supported by Bloomberg who will host our shortlist winners celebrations in June 2017.
- Nominations open: 01 Feb 17
- Nominations close: 24 Mar 17
- First round Judging period: 03 – 28 Apr 17
- Shortlist announced and public vote*: 15 May 17
- Finalist judging period: 15 May – 09 Jun 17
- Shortlist celebration event: 08 Jun 17
- Public voting closes: 09 Jun 17
- Winners announced: 19 Jun 17
- Winners event: w/c 12 Jul 17
* There is no public vote of support for the Champion of the year or Company of the year award