Visitors have accessed this post 1 time.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon’s businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
Team Description: (Overview of the team)
The role is part of the Information Risk Management (IRM) organisation at Bank of New York Mellon. IRM is comprised of 6 main teams:
- Risk and Control Governance
- Technology Risk Management
(Application Assessments, Infrastructure Assessments, Service Provider Management & Risk Strategy)
- Information Security
- Identity and Access Management
- Chief Administrators Office
Job Purpose: (What the job role involves)
- Under limited direction, performs secretarial and administration assignments of confidential nature.
- S/he must be well organized and competent in the use of a variety of computer software and spread sheets; e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
- S/he must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential issues.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
Responsibilities: (Key parts to the job role)
- Providing a proactive, effective and comprehensive assistance in relation to head of IRM portfolio of clients
- Taking minutes in confidential or client meetings
- Diary management
- Filtering emails, highlighting urgent correspondence and assisting with client interactions wherever necessary
- Maintaining an organised system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritising tasks and projects
- Scheduling and providing assistance with planning for events, meetings, and presentations which may include coordinating arrangements for participants; handling and planning logistics and disseminating materials
- Creating, updating, maintaining and organising files and records
- Acting as liaison for the Head of IRM and wider team with internal partners and teams, answering questions and routing requests appropriately
- Dealing with Head of IRM expenses
- Arranging and booking Head of IRM travel and conferences
- Dealing with international arrangement for both travel and time zones for conference calls etc.
- Arranging meetings, lunches (both internal and external)
- Preparing documentation ahead of Head of IRM meetings
- Dealing with confidential issues
- Creating, sending and monitoring documentation
- Arranging cover and Head of IRM support when on holiday
Requirements; (what we are looking for)
- Demonstrable experience within an Executive PA / PA post – ideally within professional services
- Previous experience of successfully working with and for various members and levels of senior management
- A proactive approach to all tasks
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to multitask and organise others
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and ability to professionally represent the firm at all times
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible to the needs of others
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods
- Confidence and ability to work on own initiative and with limited supervision
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications