Mastercard are dedicated to cultivating an environment for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views and experiences.
As part of their efforts towards building a diverse and inclusive workforce, they are introducing Relaunch your career, their first return-to-work programme.
The programme is designed to enable experienced people who were working at mid-management level before taking a break from their careers to re-enter the workplace. However, Mastercard know it can be tough for people to return after time away, so their programme will provide people with the tools and support to help them find their way.
Returners can expect to be fully immersed into the organisation for a period of 12 weeks. From the start they will have the opportunity to work on a strategic and commercially-focused project, enabling them to build on their skills and previous experience. They will receive on-the-job training, a buddy, coaching and plenty of opportunities to learn about our business and develop new and existing skills. At the end of the 12 weeks, there’s the opportunity to apply for a permanent role.
What are Mastercard looking for?
Relaunch your career is for people who:
- Have taken a career break of two or more years
- Are keen to return to work on a permanent basis
- Have previous experience at mid-career level ideally gained in technology, financial services, e-commerce, and professional services organisations
- Are team players, collaborative, excellent relationship builders and influencers, great problem solvers and adaptable
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What we offer to help you find your way:
- A 12-week programme starting in January, on a paid fixed-term contract
- A wealth of learning resources to help you settle in and grow – from learning about our business, to workshops on presentation and networking skills, online learning and coaching from managers
- A structured ‘Getting Started’ programme
- An engaging and stimulating project to work on
- A buddy and mentor from day one
- A manager equipped in helping people return to work, with regular check-in sessions
- Depending on availability and our selection criteria, the chance to apply for a permanent role