Are you looking for a new role where the numbers, and the rewards, really add up?
We can provide you with the opportunity to make the most of your already impressive accounting skills and build your knowledge in a unique setting, with the UK’s largest closed life fund consolidator.
Fund Accounting at Phoenix Group is an energetic, dynamic and ever-evolving department, responsible for the accuracy of the general ledger and inputs to our reporting processes. In addition, we also manage financial relationships with outsourcers, covering accounting, incidents and change activity.
Reporting to the Senior Fund Accountant, you’ll be responsible for the preparation and delivery of high quality and timely financial and regulatory returns for allocated funds. On a day-to-day basis this will require active involvement in:
- Ensuring the integrity of all policy accounting and bank related transactions for all companies into the general ledger
- Reviewing fund trial balances and subsequently resolving or referring any arising issues as appropriate
- Providing analytical review of management accounts.
You’ll also put your problem solving and communication skills to great use, by working with key stakeholders to ensure the timely clearance of suspense items and the reconciliation of any outstanding items. Where any issues are encountered, you’ll identify and implement process improvements and fixes to eradicate root causes.
What we’re looking for:
You’re likely to be a newly qualified accountant, who must be able to demonstrate:
- A strong finance background, along with up to date accounting knowledge and a practical understanding of policy systems;
- Proven supervisory experience and leadership ability, coupled with excellent analytical and book keeping skills; and a good degree of computer literacy, covering MS Office (particularly Excel), General Ledgers, plus some familiarity with Oracle GL.
We love working with self-motivated and driven people, who enjoy communicating with others, and are passionate about using their initiative to solve problems and improve the way we work. If you feel you have the potential to make a positive contribution to the ongoing workload and challenges faced by the team, we’d love to hear from you!
* Please note that the official role title used internally within Phoenix Group for this position is “Fund Accountant”.