In the 1980s, when the Singapore Council of Women’s Organisation (SCWO http://www.scwo.org.sg) was established as the national coordinating body of women’s organisations in Singapore, and the non-governmental representative on the ASEAN Committee on Women (ACW), SBPWA became an active member. This has enabled our members to grow and further expand their network not only in Singapore, but in the ASEAN region.
Vision & Mission
- To promote the interests of business and professional women through networking events, seminars, talks and other activities.
- To enhance the professional growth of its members.
- To work for high standards of service in business and the professions.
- To stimulate and encourage in women a realization and acceptance of their responsibilities to the community – locally, nationally and internationally.
- To encourage women to acquire education and skills and use their professional skills to help themselves and others.
- To work for equal opportunities for women.
- Widen your business and professional contacts, both locally and internationally (access to BPW affiliates in over 100 countries)
- Participate in overseas missions organised by SBPWA as well as meet visiting businesswomen from overseas who are looking for local partners
- Network through the General Meetings and events
- Participate in self-development programmes, talks and seminars
- Availability of SBPWA’s ready network of committed career women who are willing to share their knowledge and experiences
- Access and share information through the SBPWA at https://www.facebook.com/SBPWA
Membership Benefits SBPWA welcomes all women engaged in a business or profession, regardless of race, language, religion or nationality, as long as they subscribe to the aims and objectives of the Association. Associate membership is open to young women who are not yet in a profession or business, but who are pursuing a course of study for a profession in a tertiary institution.Membership Privileges Membership Fee