We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
|Company Name:||Thomson Reuters|
– Strategic owner of key Field Service, Managed Services and Solution Services vendor relationships (over 40 contracts) focused on delivering Vendor Simplification in line with the Technical Services and Connectivity (TS&C) Strategy driving consistency, simplicity and value with the services provided to the business.
– To support growth and profit targets by delivering third party strategy. Defines and implements overall strategy that will simplify and maximise the value of the ‘outsourced’ services used within the global TS&C organisation.
– Manages high-level relationship with vendors and ensures alignment with overall strategy, mission & objectives.
– Works closely with peers and key stakeholders to ensure transparency, consistency, alignment and clear KPIs and ROI. To be achieved through negotiations and relationship management with a broad range of third party suppliers- Scope includes the existing ‘outsourced’ services portfolio related to Engineering Field Services, Managed Service Operations, and Solutions Services with a view to implementing a global approach to the market place, whilst maintaining critical local and or regional services as required. During any change, external customer service must be maintained at existing service levels as a minimum.
– Accountable for managing within the Vendor Management budget of 80m USD in 2015 and additionally proposing and delivering short, medium and long term savings targets to senior management leveraging global scale economies and maintaining the best elements of existing solutions. Ensuring that costs are kept to the minimum/revenues are maximized by continuously and proactively seeking savings and favourable revenue shares from providers.
– To develop the team (global team of 18) to ensure the highest levels of expertise and competence, ensuring an excellent reputation, both internally and externally
Essential Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
– Define and implement overall ‘outsourcing’ strategy to drive consistency and efficiencies
– Build a global team capable of executing the defined strategy with a balance of sourcing and TS&C service expertise
– Develop strong relationships with key vendors and suppliers- Develop relationships with selected customers and stakeholders to help refine overall outsource service performance and strategy
– Responsible for establishing and maintaining strategic and tactical operational targets and KPI’s for performance in conjunction with business targets- Ensure Field Service Operations are provided as contracted and act as a point of escalation for vendor performance failure.
– Maintain Global budget control through close monitoring of volume driven expenditure aligned with operational demands. Take action to balance budgets across services at a global level and drive tactical and strategic savings projects to achieve budget targets.
– Facilitate resolution of significant performance challenges raised by the Customer Technical Implementation and Technical Specialist functions.
– Take responsibility for selected key projects / activities and provide senior management bandwidth within the organisation- Build and maintain effective relationships within Customer / Business / Development organisations
– Ensure flexibility of commercial arrangements to take efficiency and economic advantage of lighter touch products- Maintaining relationships with other key Vendor relationship owners within Thomson Reuters (Help Desk & Customer Service, Development, Data Centre Operations, TR Corporate, TR Sourcing, TR Finance, other TR business units)
– Leading people and organisations
– Relevant undergraduate degree and or other equivalent qualifications
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance – and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Job: Professional & Consulting Services Family Group
Purchasing and Procurement
|Salary and Benefits:||Excellent package|