Location: Osterley, West London
Timing: November 2018 – May 2019
Programme: Six month returnship placement (with a mandatory extended Christmas break)
What is the Sky Returner Programme?
Sky is excited to launch its first Sky Returner Programme in partnership with Women Returners, designed to support talented professionals, both men and women, who have taken an extended career break, back into senior roles.
Sky has exciting opportunities across five of its key business areas: Technology, Sky Sports, Sky Media, Finance and Product.
The programme will take the form of a paid six-month placement, commencing in November 2018. At the end of the programme you will be well placed to apply for permanent opportunities at Sky.
You will be placed on a project or in a team where your skills and experience will be highly valued and utilised. You will participate in coaching workshops from Women Returners, and benefit from focused training and mentoring to support your transition back to the workplace.
What is Sky looking for?
Sky knows that talent extends beyond a professional CV. The Sky Returner Programme offers the opportunity to join a forward-thinking, innovative and inclusive workforce, where flexibility and creativity is encouraged.
The programme is designed for people who have taken a break from their previous careers for two or more years and have the right to work in the UK. During this time, you may have worked on a small-scale or self-employed basis to fit around your other commitments, or have not done any paid work for a number of years.
Successful applicants will have worked at a senior level in a corporate environment and be excited to take on a leadership position again.
“We’re delighted to launch Sky’s first Returner programme, recognising that even with a career gap of two or more years, talent extends beyond a CV. We developed this programme, with Women Returners, specifically to access what we know is a high-calibre but relatively untapped talent pool. It’s been really exciting and satisfying to see the organisational support for individuals who are looking to return to work at a senior level, but aren’t sure how to.”
Tamara Kaye, Head of Women in Leadership, Sky
Please find information about each role, including essential skills/experience below:
Client Relationships, Sky Media
About: You will be responsible for client communications within Sky Media: the advertising sales arm of Sky, offering brands of all shapes and sizes an exciting array of opportunities on TV, online and mobile.
- Experience in working in media (advertiser, agency or media owner side)
- Understanding of marketing and communication objectives
- Outstanding communication skills; comfortable interacting at all levels within an advertiser
- Ability to build strategic direction (line management experience desirable)
Workplace Strategy and Architecture, Tech UK
About: You’ll come into the exciting area of Sky’s Tech UK team that drives the strategy, delivery and performance of innovative, market-leading technology programmes and services. You’ll be working closely with business Stakeholders to help bring the future Workplace Technology strategy to life with focus on enterprise wide processes and brilliant employee experience.
- Strong stakeholder management experience with the ability to act as the bridge between business and technology terminology
- Strong planning skills to ensure alignment with the overall Technology strategic vision, and to clearly track and communicate the progression of this vision
- Ability to engage with multiple teams to bring a strategic plan to life
- Previous experience of RFP (Request for Proposal) processes and buy vs build decisioning, plus vendor relationship skills
Change Management, Sky Sports
About: This is an exciting opportunity to join Sky Sports, which has changed the face of sport in the UK over the last 25 years across all platforms. You will act as a change management lead to support senior leaders in delivering people-focused change.
- Experience in change management processes including working on organisational change projects
- Knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Exceptional communications skills (coaching experience desirable)
Commercial Finance, Finance
About: An opportunity to join Sky‘s Commercial Finance team: primarily focused on business development and evaluating opportunities for Sky to undertake acquisitions or enter into joint ventures.
- Strong team management and people development skills
- Ability to build relationships with business stakeholders; strong influencer
- Experience in corporate finance, including business modelling and valuation
- Ability to work independently and manage a team on a project basis
Product area, Group Product, Design & Supply
About: You will be helping create the definition of a cutting edge product line, including generating stake-holder buy-in and minimum viable product definition. Working with multiple teams, you will help work towards delivering a product on time and on budget.
- Passionate about brilliant customer product experiences
- Experience in both project and product management, able to make difficult decisions regarding trade-offs, whether about costs, timeline or feature set
- A clear and compelling communicator (experience in public speaking and senior executive presentations desirable)
- Familiar with internet technologies, e.g. can explain the difference between a web page and an application
Sky is Europe’s leading entertainment company, with over 23 million customers across seven countries.
Delivering Sky’s mix of TV that people love, pioneering technology, award-winning service and superfast broadband is a genuine team effort. That’s why Sky works hard to be an inclusive employer – so everyone can be at their best.
Sky’s commitment to diversity and inclusion is recognised in the form of many accolades including Inclusive Top 50 Employers; Stonewall Top 100 Employers; and Times Top 50 Employers for Women three years in a row. Sky also has a wide variety of thriving employee networks including [email protected], [email protected], LGBT+, Multiculture and more.
Sky is always happy to talk about flexible working.
You will be working at the award-winning Sky Campus in Osterley. The campus boasts on-site, fully subsidised coffee shops and restaurants that serve healthy food every day, plus a fully equipped gym open 24/7 with certified personal trainers. With great transport links, the Osterley campus is a breeze to get to. Watch this video to have a look inside.
To find out more about life at Sky, visit their website
How to apply
To apply for the Sky Returner Programme, please click here
You will be asked to send a CV and covering letter stating the role you are applying for.
Interview days will be taking place in October. Please apply by 16th September 2018 at the latest.
For enquiries, please email Alex McIntyre, Recruitment Manager, at [email protected]