Our aim is to attract the best talent and provide an accelerated career path for the progression of high achievers. Lloyd’s seeks to promotes and retain a diverse workforce, harnessing different skills, experiences, backgrounds and capability to enhance our business performance. Applications are welcomed from all suitably qualified candidates irrespective of gender, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability or religion and selection is based on merit.
The role of the SQL Server DBA is based within the ITG Technical services team. Reporting to the Technical Services Data team lead, the Role is to :
To assist with the management of the Lloyd’s DBA function and DBA input to Lloyd’s Prioritised Projects.
- To provide SQL consultancy to projects.
- To contribute to the strategy for the Lloyd’s SQL Server Database Environment.
- To provide day to day SQL support and Administration for all Lloyd’s Applications.
- To assist with the management of the Lloyd’s SQL Server Database Environment.
Major responsibilities and accountabilities
- Ensure robustness, data integrity, ownership and control of Lloyd’s database assets.
- Establish, document and publish the main functions to be performed in SQL Database Management.
- Designing / defining and implementing methods to enhance the Pro-Active Management of the SQL server estate.
- Provide extensive SQL administration and support across the Corporation.
- Provide input and SQL consultancy to projects as required.
- Set strategy for the Lloyd’s SQL Server Database Environment. Key contributer to the Operations Implementation Group and Technical Authority.
Generic responsibilities and accountabilities
- Deliver, Manage and maintain existing and future SQL environments and versions
- Manage SQL Server decommissioning as required
- Advice, guidance and consultancy to all SQL Database installations (should they be part of consolidated environment, whether GOLD/SILVER/BRONZE, stand-alone).
- Input to Server Operations administration and Security model for Lloyd’s SQL Server environment (and agree exceptions on case by case basis)
- Interaction with third party database support and suppliers (where appropriate)
- Assist with determining levels of support required for Business Unit databases
- Ensure sufficient DBA cover as required
- Advise on appropriate tool(s) for mapping of all SQL installations
- Where databases interact / support Information Management, identify interactions and procedures
- Establish appropriate toolset to supplement SQL Server administration
- Develop and maintain the centralised DBA SQL management application as appropriate
- Take part in the daily shift pattern between 7am and 7pm
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Must have an understanding of MS SQL database design and operating principles.
- Must have experience of multiple MS SQL 2000/2005/2008/2012 instances on large systems across Production, UAT, Test and Development environments.
- Must have deep experience of Transactional SQL, DTS / SSIS, stored procedures, script writing “” including powershell.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge/experience of SQL Server Clustering, Replication, SSRS, SSAS Log shipping, Installation and configuration of SQL Server and advantage
- Project Management skills including Agile and SCRUM.
- Proven experience of working in a support capacity, providing support to both internally developed and third party provided applications.
- Awareness of the ITIL framework, specifically Change and Configuration Management
- Proven technical experience of Microsoft Windows Server technologies, Microsoft Windows PC technologies, Microsoft Office technologies, SQL Server
- Knowledge of the Lloyd’s environment an advantage
Experience of supporting / using the following an Advantage:
- Fusion IO
- Quest Products
- Redgate SQL tools
- Programming language experience (c#, .net)
- MOM, SCOM
- Project management