Leading technology consultancy company, CGI, are currently seeking a Solution Architect in Healthcare solutions. Offering an excellent package of £60,000 – £80,000 per annum + benefits based in their London offices.
The Healthcare Solution Architect’s role is end-to-end healthcare solutions typically encompass technology, data architectures and enterprise-grade healthcare applications. You are responsible for the development of end-to-end solution designs, incorporating all elements of architecture. You ensure that all applications and services used within a healthcare solution work together seamlessly to deliver business benefits.
You must possess an in-depth knowledge of healthcare applications, technology stacks and development practices.
You will be the primary technical contact point on one or more projects, working very closely with the project management and key stakeholders. You add value by implementing common CGI standards, methodologies, systems and hardware that are consistently stable, reliable and which deliver business benefits.
- Develop an end-to-end solution design to meet business requirements ensuring the end-to-end application architecture integrates seamlessly with infrastructure, data and business architectures and will gain approval through all applicable governance processes
- Work with the Solution Centre or relevant bid team on the overall technical solution architecture for the Client
- Provide bid support and own the Solution throughout the bid process, which may include writing sections, providing demonstrations, supporting workshops
- Peer review end-to-end solution designs and implementations
- Ensure that the end-to-end solution architecture meets all non-functional requirements and CGI policies and standards
- Make recommendations regarding technical options to meet business challenges and opportunities
- Have influence on the success of bid, delivery and consulting engagements
- Act as the lead for engagement with the client on clinical solution architectures
- An understanding of third party healthcare applications, vendor identification, vendor selection and partnerships
- Understanding of integration best practices
- Appreciation of middleware technologies and their application
- Experience of service oriented architectures
- Experience of secure environments and application delivery
- Ensure clinical safety is maintained
Essential Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in NHS healthcare applications
- Experience as an architect or senior IT professional working with internal stakeholders and external clients/suppliers or solutions delivery
- Possesses a broad knowledge of solution areas such security, business analysis, applications, integration and infrastructure, service management, including trends in the current healthcare marketplace and understands how these interact to arrive at a solution
- Experience of requirements analysis in a healthcare environment including traceability of the requirements into the solution delivered
- Understands the NHS IT market and how to apply a logical, systematic approach to arrive at an appropriate solution
- Experience of cost/effort estimation and modelling
- Experience of secure environments with a layered security approach
- Expert in using architectural principles and frameworks
- Significant experience of adopting and enforcing NHS information governance and assurance methods
- Experience of designing & implementing solutions as part of multi-stream change programmes
- Experience of reviewing NHS standards as defined by Data Set Change Notices (DSCNs)
- Experience of Open Source development and business models and Open Standards within healthcare
- Experience of Mobile solution architecture, IOS, Windows, Android
- Experience of Agile delivery methodologies (SCRUM) and has worked in an agile product environment
- Experience of cloud architectures
- Contribution to thought leadership, propositions and white paper production
- Strong communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel and different managerial levels, reducing complex ideas to simple terms and express these to both a non-technical and technical audience
- Strong creative thinking, problem solving, planning, time-management and organization skills to balance and prioritise work
- Strong ability to manage multiple programs, handle multiple assignments simultaneously, and switch between assignments quickly
- Strong ability to lead and work in a team environment
- Willingness to travel
To apply, you must be willing and able to undergo the UK’s vetting process if required. Non-UK nationals applying for vacancies where a security clearance is a mandatory requirement must meet the UK’s 5 year residency criteria in order for their application to be considered.
Any person unable to meet these requirements should not apply
At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company – one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients – and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.