Calling all women in technology. CGI are currently seeking a Technical Architect to join their Aerospace division, paying £45,000 – £55,000 per annum plus excellent benefits.
The Earth Observation Sector (EO, Space), requires an experienced Technical Architect to work in a key role in supporting and growing the Earth Observation business. The successful candidate will play a pivotal part in the architectural development and requirements evolutions and adherence on a number of EO programmes.
As a senior Technical Architect, you are expected to take a leading role in the detailed design, coding, testing and documentation of the project. You will subsequently support the development and testing teams, including leading investigation, troubleshooting and resolution of anomalies. You should be able demonstrate that you are capable of quickly picking up new concepts. You must be able to work to high standards of quality, and to agreed timescales independently or as part of a team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Technical investigations, analysis, trade-offs of solution options;
- Technical rapid prototyping;
- Technical management of system build scripts and procedures and COTS deployment;
- Technical management of upgrade deployment scripts and procedures (to update the operational systems);
- Market assessment of COTS products for obsolescence replacement programme;
- Being a proactive member of the design team and leading your framework activities;
- Analysing existing high-level design and Interface Control Documents to derive detailed design documentation;
- Writing detailed designs based on high level designs of components;
- Following the agreed design documentation to implement the components;
- Providing guidance to the development and testing teams with hands on involvement when required;
- Raising observation reports for bugs/anomalies in the system requirements and the system being tested.
You will also need to demonstrate good commercial acumen and business awareness. You should also have strong analytical skills, be self-motivated and able to tackle technical assignments and problem solving without support from others. You must have strong written and presentation skills, with excellent attention to detail. An ability to anticipate risks and mitigate appropriately is essential. At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company – one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients – and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.