The candidate would be joining a small team based out of London, New York, Toronto and Bangalore. Members having a mixture of Engineering and Operational focus, with the bulk of the Engineering focus in New York and Toronto.
This role will be in the Quality Assurance and Production Management (QAPM) Division of T&D that provides global engineering, support, & certification services to our clients whom are mainly in our Institutional Businesses. It will provide exposure to a wide range of emerging technologies, ability to work with multiple Business lines, and deliver innovative solutions. This role is an Executive Director level role however Vice President level Candidates with suitable skills and experience will also be considered.
The role is to be a Senior Engineer within the Grid Plant Mgmt & Engineering team, whom are responsible for one of the largest leading edge Grid computing infrastructure in Financial Services.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Interacting with business stakeholders, vendors, production support, infrastructure engineering, and software development teams as a leader across various projects & services related to the Grid
- Provide detailed advice and recommendations to Business aligned Development teams to implement optimal solutions achieving the compute goal within resource and time constraints.
- Diagnosing, solving, and architecting solutions for complex engineering & operational issues including Business Continuity, Capacity Management, Stability, Security, Tooling.
- Define, Implement and Maintain Grid and Cloud capacity management practices in order to predict demand
- Mentoring less experienced Engineers and Operations staff
- Expert in Grid computing design & engineering
- Development background, with experience in creating software optimized to run in Grid and Cloud environments.
- Significant experience with either C or Java, but experience of both. Strong understanding of Computer Architecture, specifically Intel.
- Exposure to various Grid middleware solutions; e.g., IBM Symphony, Tibco DataSynapse. With emphasis on Symphony
- Expert in all aspects of UNIX (Linux) environments; performing this in either an operational or administrative function.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle troubleshooting/root-cause analysis with respect to middle and infrastructure; e.g., scenarios in regards to memory/disk/network utilization
- Independent, self-starter, and self-motivated for high performance while also promoting an atmosphere of collaboration with the ability to work well with all types and levels of personnel
- Takes ownership and holds yourself and others accountable while also receptive to constructive feedback
- Solid professional experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Significant exposure working in a Financial Services Industry in capital markets & risk management domains
- Ability to drive consensus and establish multi-year roadmaps for Grid computing
- Strong organizational skills with elements of project management including following through with activities on time as committed to clients
- Experience using Cloud services