Every day you wake up with the choice to have a happy day or a ‘crappy’ day. How your day is going to go is determined by your rituals.
I have approximately 40 rituals, which I live by on a daily basis. The first ritual of my day is to wake up without pressing the snooze button, welcoming the new day ahead and focusing on gratitude, everything and everyone I am grateful for in my life.
My next two rituals are to wash my face with cold water and drink a glass of fresh lemon water.
There are so many health benefits of drinking lemon water. Lemons are anti-bacterial, antiviral, immune boosting, liver cleansing and are a weight loss anddigestive aid. They contain citric acid, calcium, magnesium and vitamin C, which promote immunity and fights infection.
The best thing I’ve discovered about drinking lemon water is that it gives me instant energy!
Here are a few (of many) benefits of lemons and drinking lemon water:
- Lemons are one of the most alkalizing foods for your body. Lemons are acidic on their own, but are alkaline inside the body
- The mineral content in lemons helps to alkalize the blood. Dis-ease only occurs within the body when it is acidic
- Drinking lemon water helps to remove overall acidity in the body
- Lemons are high in Vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds
- Drinking lemon water supports the immune system by hydrating and replacing fluids lost by the body. When your body is deprived of water you will feel tired, lacking clarity, lacking energy and feeling stressed
- Lemons provide your body with energy when entering your digestive tract
- Drinking lemon water flushes out unwanted materials from you body. Toxins are released at a faster rate, which keeps you healthier.
- The citric acid in lemons helps maximise enzyme function which stimulates the liver and aids in detoxification
- Lemons reduce anxiety and depression
- Lemons have anti-inflammatory properties. Vitamin C in lemons is an essential nutrient in the maintenance of good health and recovery from stress and injury
- Lemons help fight hunger cravings. Maintaining an alkaline diet helps you lose weight faster
- Drinking lemon water helps to kick start your digestion and flushes out toxins from the body
If you aren’t already starting your day with (fresh) lemon water, start now. Drinking (filtered) water at room temperature is best. You can also drink it warm, but don’t drink it cold, as your body has to work hard to process it and this takes more energy from your body. Cut half a lemon, squeeze it into a glass and drink it first thing when you wake up (before you eat).
Everything is a choice. The choices you make every day are either building up your energy, strength and immunity or tearing it down.
Win your morning and you will win your life.
To read more about my daily empowering rituals visit my website www.jeanpierredevilliers.com and download my free ebook ‘The Principles of Peak Performance’
Live healthy, live happy.