CGI are currently seeking a new Bid Administrator to join their team in Reading. The role is paying £20,000 – £24,000 plus generous benefits.
The purpose of this role is to deliver CGI proposals to high professional standards, supporting strategic bids across all sectors of CGI.
Bid Administrators work alongside bid teams at various stages in the bidding process; carrying out a number of activities to deliver professional proposal material. From time-to-time this will involve working in multiple locations and working additional hours.
You will use your writing skills to help bid teams structure responses to ensure they fully meet client requirements. This includes presenting writing workshops and generally supporting the writing process from end-to-end. Occasionally, they will also support the completion of strategically important PQQs and offer general support, as well as advising on presentation and production of final documentation.
- Pathway: General management 1
- Reports to: Senior Proposal Manager
- Location: Reading base but will be required to work other offices as occasion demands
- Work alongside bid teams to deliver successful proposal responses. This includes managing the overall response documents from formatting through to production using online collaboration tools
- Support Proposal and Bid Managers to design, structure and develop proposal documentation. This includes following client guidelines and CGI branding, as well as sharing how to use writing guides and industry best practice with bid teams
- Understand importance of bidding process to the business. This includes being able to keep track of multiple complex time-critical activities, acting on ititiative to resolve issues before they become problems
- Work effectively in a team to achieve deadlines. This includes keeping all people informed through clear communications
- Be a source of guidance to bid teams on proposal development, writing and best practice.
CCO top team generic qualifications, skills and experience
We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate attention to detail, and are able to communicate at all levels. Strong organisational and time management skills with a proactive approach to work, is essential. Additionally, a high level of written communication ability is desirable.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team in CGI in the area of Proposal Management and Writing.
Role specific qualifications and skills
- It is expected that a Bid Administrator will be educated to Degree level, with an interest in information technology, business development and writing.
- Individuals need exceptional English ability and be able to demonstrate writing ability in a bidding environment.
- They must be proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and the ability to use Microsoft Visio and Sharepoint is desirable.
- You will be or will plan to be an active member of the Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP), and will be expected to work towards accreditation.
Due to the diversity of CGI’s clients, SC is desirable or being capable of obtaining SC clearance.
Experience of working in a team to deadlines is essential. Experience of working in bidding or business development is desirable.
At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company – one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients – and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.