Morgan Stanley are currently recruiting for a Senior Development Manager at Vice President Level to work in their London offices.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Institutional and Corporate Technology (ICT) is one of five divisions within Technology & Data. We face off to the business and support services to develop and oversee the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the enterprise. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research, Global Capital Markets, Operations, Finance, and Legal & Compliance. We are responsible for Pioneer and Application Infrastructure, groups that look to develop foundational strategies, tools and technologies that are leveraged across Tech & Data, as well as standardized data and enterprise-wide services to provide leverage to the Firm’s businesses.
The Exchange Connectivity (ECN) team develops and maintains exchange gateways for trading client and house orders on all exchanges across all asset classes like Equity, Listed Derivatives, FID, FX and Commodities. The focus is on developing high available systems that can process high volume transactions with very low latency. This position will be hands on C development role with tech lead responsibilities. As the technical lead of ECN team, the candidate will participate and contribute to the design and development of exchange gateways across all European venues. The ideal candidate must have deep knowledge and experience of building scalable and reliable multithreaded trading apps using complex data structures and algorithms, an appetite for solving complex software engineering problems in a global setting, experience writing production C/C code, and r&d skills to address tough problems head-on. Additionally, they would be expected to lead projects throughout the sdlc process, which would involve deployment and maintenance as well.
• Development, configuration, deployment and maintenance of a suite of trading gateways, trading billions of dollars daily across several electronic markets.
• Driving projects from the project initiation to production implementation and level-3 post-implementation support.
• Interacting directly with business users to gather requirements, and propose changes to Gateway products for business enablement and enhancement.
• Developing and deploying automation, testing, and checkout tools that are maintainable, flexible and scalable.
• Operate and scale trading application back-end and physical infrastructure in line with business needs.
• Bridge the gap between development and support teams to ensure successful delivery of projects and that support teams can service our product.
• Anticipate tomorrow’s problems by understanding what users are trying to accomplish today, and staying ahead of them.
Skills required (essential):
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Experience managing technical staff.
• Advanced knowledge of C , including templates.
• Highly proficient in Linux/Unix, including shell scripting and process management.
• TCP and Multicast communications.
• Multithreading, low-level primitives, atomic variables, mutex, condition variable, understanding of pthreads even if using C libraries like Boost.
• Detail oriented, high-energy, positive can-do attitude that considers no job too big or too small.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to work well with remote peers.
• Experience working in a bare-metal Linux environment, RHEL preferred.
• Configuration management experience, we use a custom template-driven tool, no specific tooling experience is necessary.
• Experience operating a production environment, in our case a fleet of physical machines and latency sensitive applications.
• Comfortable working with ambiguity and learning on the job, things like custom networking, kernel tunings, and niche databases and tools are the norm.
• Working knowledge of Perl or python.
• A voracious appetite for automation, successful candidates work smarter not harder by writing high-quality smart tools our team can use.
• Experience with FIX, exchange, or market-data connectivity, supporting trading engines, or other front-office trading technology operations.
• Experience developing low-latency trading systems in the financial markets.
• Knowledge of finance – various asset classes and their characteristics, particularly with respect to trading, settlement and clearing.
Salary is competitive
Closing Date is 3 June 2015
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential.