Lloyds are currently recruiting for a Enterprise business information architect, on a permanent basis.
The Corporation oversees and supports the Lloyd’s market, ensuring it operates efficiently and retains its reputation as the market of choice for specialist insurance and reinsurance risk. It comprises many different teams, from Global Markets and Business Development to Claims and Market Operations. These teams work together to promote Lloyd’s around the world, raise performance and manage Lloyd’s worldwide licences. The Corporation has more than 800 employees worldwide.
The role will be to assist the Chief Data Officer with comprehensively understanding organisational data requirements and effectively and efficiently architecting the information globally within Lloyd’s to improve decision making and ensure optimal system performance.
Our aim is to attract the best talent and provide an accelerated career path for the progression of high achievers. Lloyd’s seeks to promotes and retain a diverse workforce, harnessing different skills, experiences, backgrounds and capability to enhance our business performance. Applications are welcomed from all suitably qualified candidates irrespective of gender, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability or religion and selection is based on merit.
Major responsibilities and accountabilities
- Work closely with the business to help translate business strategy into a clear road map of data related initiatives or small changes
- Maintain a strong relationship with data producers, owners and consumers to develop a sound understanding of the organisation’s data and systems
- Maintain an understanding of insurance industry trends and leading practices, particularly with respect to “Big Data’.
- Undertake evaluations and provide recommendations for new technologies and functionality
- Validate the high level solution design of change initiatives ensuring alignment to strategic priorities
- Together with the Data Governance Manager, act as gatekeeper to the Lloyd’s data estate, ensuring duplication of data does not occur
- Ensure the Data Management Road Map is up to date and work with the Reporting & DWH Architect to ensure that it is in line with the physical data architecture
- Work with the Reporting & DWH Architect Responsible to develop solution design standards and best practices
- Work with the Data Governance Manager and Reporting & DWH Architect to establish and enforce the process for managing change to data
- Attend the Data Management Technical Design authority
- Lead and develop a team of data analysts so that they are capable of competently gathering current user requirements and analysing data to identify future requirements.