For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets.
BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon’s key operational areas into one global team to better support the company’s businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle – creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets – CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
The SDM team ensures that all assets are set up and maintained on the BNY Custody and Accounting Systems to facilitate the accurate reporting of assets to the bank’s client base.
Attention to detail
To ensure the security master file and static data is maintained and accurate, including the risk elements,portfolio set-ups and associated maintenance of security classifications and management information statistics to facilitate the timely and accurate delivery of clients’ investment accounting reports.
To ensure the team and departmental procedures reflect current market developments and client requirements.
To liaise with team’s assigned internal and external clients ensuring their queries are answered to ensure that client satisfaction is maintained.
Notify the Indicative Manager immediately of any outstanding item that may have a potential financial risk to either the bank or a client.
External: Data vendors, Clients
Internal: Outsourcing Middle Office Teams; Trade Capture and Settlements, Corporate Actions, SGA Accounting, Client Services and Technology
Previous experience in a securities data management role for either indicative data or pricing would be an advantage.
Preferably an understanding of securities ranging from equities through derivatives.
Requirements; (what we are looking for)
Qualifications and Training:
Both graduates and school leavers will be considered. Minimum educational standard is five GCSE’s, including Mathematics and English.
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Must be able to prioritise workflow and work with the minimum of supervision.
- Must be able to work and participate within a team environment.
- Must have good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must have strong organisational skills.
- Must have good P.C. and numerical skills.
What we can offer you:
- Challenging, fun and supportive environment
- 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
- Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
- City centre location
- Competitive discounts on travel and parking
- Discounts on a range of local retailers
- Opportunity for further academic training – including NVQ, IOC, Degree and soft skills
- Opportunity to join site wide networking groups
- Opportunity to participate in process improvement programmes (Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen); we recognise and reward new ideas
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.