Thomson Reuters are currently searching for a full-time permanent Automated Test Developer to be based in their Financial & Risk Department, London.
The Financial & Risk business unit is the home for Thomson Reuters electronic trading capabilities. The goal of the division is to be the number one choice of trading venue for any participant operating in the financial markets and the sales specialists, product managers, technologists and client facing staff that make up F&R all share that same goal.
You will join a vibrant and high performing team of outstanding technologists and quality engineers, executing a technology transformation and refresh project for a strategic electronic trading product. You will be working in a global organisation with development groups and business stakeholders in several international locations, therefore good communication skills are crucial.
The successful applicant will be an exceptional talent who is responsible for producing, maintaining and executing a robust set of automated tests covering some exciting new aspects of this product, working within an agile delivery team on a dynamic project.
- Apply and contribute to evolving robust agile approach to QA
- Work closely with development and product owners as part of a highly effective delivery team
- Produce, maintain and execute a robust set of automated tests to challenging deadlines
- Conduct testing using company specific automated processes.
- Provide estimates for work to be undertaken.
- Analyse and report on the results of testing.
- Report and track defects through to completion.
- Assist in the management, maintenance and monitoring of test environments.
- Experienced Programmer and/or Auto Tester, with good technical skills
- C# and/or Java other similar programming language.
- Experience of using Ranorex or other functional test automation tools
- Self starter – does what it takes to get the job done
- Comfortable operating in a fast paced environment
- Experienced, able and keen to work using agile delivery methodologies
- Experienced in a formal software development life-cycle
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience of test tracking tools
- Excellent academic record with a strong degree (or equivalent) in relevant discipline from a recognized institution
Also highly desirable
- ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing/ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level
- ISEB/ISTQB Advanced or Practitioner Level
- Experience of using Test Director or Quality Centre (or other Test Tracking and Defect Management tools).
- Experience with Jira
- Experience using performance test tools
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.