The role will support and be trusted business partner for the revenue generating segments of the News Agency business by providing financial reporting, analysis and planning to ensure business goals are met.
The role has a focus on revenue and sales reporting and will work closely with the Head of Finance for Reuters News Agency, Head of Finance for Reuters TV and Reuters.com, Sales teams across Agency and Reuters TV, the regional Heads of Sales, admin teams and other senior management. The key to this role will be delivering accurate and timely financial reporting to management and providing financial support, insight and oversight on a global basis.
This role will be based in London and reporting to the Head of Finance, News Agency in New York.
- Support the financial planning, forecasting and strategy across News Agency with a particular emphasis on revenue and ensure the business has the information it needs to understand the past, manage the present and predict the future
- Assist in the monthly close process, working with accounting shared service organizations to ensure accurate financials, setting up and reviewing accruals, maintaining meaningful profit and cost centers and monitoring key non-financial metrics such as headcount
- Ensure completion of all monthly reporting requirements
- Provide insightful, timely analysis of key revenue and cost drivers, run-rates, and risks & opportunities to facilitate the development of needed actions and spending patterns that will ensure financial targets are achieved
- Collaborate with the other members of the finance team on improving the financial processes, analyses, controls and deliverables to continually strengthen how the function supports the company and its financial performance
- Own major projects across the news Agency organization on an ongoing and ad hoc basis with analyses that provide insights to support new approaches, decisions and business objectives
- The successful candidate will be self-driven, energetic and proactive and committed to delivery who enjoys working in a team whilst also taking ownership. The candidate will have experience in a senior finance role need to be customer focused, showing an ability to produce reliable management information and the ability to liaise with managing editors across the world. The candidate will possess strong technical skills, be comfortable with reporting systems, and will be detailed oriented and efficient.
- Strong experience with revenue management and analysis including sales reporting a must
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to clearly present information in a variety of different formats to all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in working in a fast-paced, complex, dynamic, multi-cultural business environment
- Business support and team collaboration experience with finance and non-finance staff
- Advanced MS Excel is a must as working with large data sets is routine. Strong presentation skills involving MS PowerPoint are also required.
- Proven experience in financial accounting, resource management accounting, financial analysis, financial modelling, planning, forecasting and management reporting
- Ability to distill complex data into a clear, concise executive-level summary
- Qualified accountant (e.g. CIMA)
- Extensive Financial analysis experience
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance – and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Click here to apply and find out more.