Lime Street, London
This role is a great opportunity for a management accountant with strong business partnering skills and ideally global market exposure. Building relationships with senior level personnel both in the UK and globally providing effective advice and guidance in relation to Financial Control.
Lloyd’s is the world’s leading insurance market providing specialist insurance services in over 200 countries and territories globally. Lloyd’s is a society of members, both corporate and individual, who underwrite in syndicates on whose behalf professional underwriters accept risk. The Corporation of Lloyd’s oversees and provides services to support the market and promotes Lloyd’s around the world.
The Lloyd’s name is known and trusted and we have built our reputation on strength, stability and expertise. Backed by excellent financial ratings, the Lloyd’s market has consistently explored and tackled the world’s most unusual and complex risks “” from space travel to cyber terrorism. At our heart are our talented people working collaborative to take our reputation further still.
This is an exciting time; the regulatory environment is in constant flux, with significant initiative being developed globally and at individual country level. Concurrently Lloyd’s is working towards realising its Vision 2025 strategy, to internationalise the market and position it to take advantage of the opportunities presented by the world’s developing economies.
The overall purpose of this role is to meet financial reporting and management objectives and ensure the security of the society’s assets as part of the International teams remit. Providing support to the Global Markets in relation to business unit accounting, and maintaining relationship management activities within financial control.
As an experienced and effective business partner you will adapt your style dependent of the needs of your customers and their knowledge and requirements. Providing; management reporting and commentary, results analysis and review. Previous experience of operating within a global environment would be preferred.
What Will You Do?
- Assist with the International planning process and the annual budget / forecast and rolling forecast exercises. Identify initiatives to improve the accuracy and frequency of the organisation’s ability to forecast and implement initiatives
- Monitor performance against budget and key KPIs, deliver focused MI & messages, develop strategy and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Manage the International consolidated reporting process and modelling of periodic forecasts, budgets, business plans and related projects.
- Decision making responsibilities where appropriate, particularly relating to budgeting, forecasting and management accounting issues
- Assist the Reporting Manager – International to develop and execute business process streamlining projects, ensuring compliance with the Overseas Network Control Framework
- Identifying change opportunities and working with the International team to manage and implement agreed change