PwC are looking for a Senior Manager level candidates to join their Business Recovery Services (BRS) team.
Do you have experience of leading improvement projects across Payables, Receivables or Inventory processes? Are you passionate about what you do and want to transfer your knowledge into a team growing their Working Capital optimisation? They’re looking for Senior Managers to join us.
They’ve created an environment where everyone, whatever their commitments outside of work, can flourish and reach their full potential. From flexible hours and job sharing, to home working and management support, we’re committed to providing a truly healthy work life balance.
About the role
Back to Business is a six month paid senior internship programme designed to encourage talented women back into the workplace after an extended career break. The programme is aimed at women, but we welcome applications from all.
Our culture is all about our people. We understand that returning to work after a break may not be easy, therefore, we want to make this as successful and enjoyable for you as possible. Our return to work programme is designed to help you transition back into the work environment and give you an opportunity to upgrade your skills. Our approach to workplace gender equality has seen PwC included on The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2017 list for the seventh straight year.
The Back to Business programme will include:
- A week long induction with your peer
- A dedicated Partner Sponsor
- Shadowing a member of your team
- Being assigned to real client projects
- Touch points throughout the programme to see how you are getting on
In addition, you’ll receive support throughout the programme to make sure you have a successful experience. Back to Business is an opportunity to make a real impact and contribute to our business. At the end of the six months there may be an opportunity to become permanent depending on performance and desire to continue with us.
Apply soon as spaces are limited!
About the team Our team looks at stressed Operational Restructuring in both the public sector and private sector. We work closely with our clients to develop sustainable solutions. Our skills and knowledge are transferred to our clients, leaving them with a solution they can own.
You will focus mainly on cost reduction and working capital improvement areas matching your previous experience and expertise, including:
- Review of working capital cycles in a business
- Understand key business processes and working capital requirements
- Financial analysis of opportunities for working capital reduction, within context of commercial requirements of business
- Develop action plans addressing opportunities
- Working alongside management to implement and support project plans
- Post implementation reviews and monitoring of performance improvement
- Assessment of operational and management teams within an organisation, identifying skill gaps
- Tracking and evaluation of working capital performance
- Working with other PwC teams
- Presentations and/or Reports to key stakeholders (e.g. Board level/management)
- Active contribution to the teams marketing efforts (both internal and external) is expected and encouraged.
- Company, sector and market research and analysis
Essential skills and experience
- An excellent academic record, educated to degree level (minimum)
- Good end to end understanding of flows of goods, information and services and how all different functions internally and externally cooperate.
- Experience of running working capital improvement / cost reduction programmes in either public or private sector
- Previous experience in Purchasing, Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Credit Control or Procurement
- Proven project and time management skills
- Sound financial analysis skills
- Strong commercial awareness and business analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable communicating with all levels
- Experience of a range of sectors or specific expertise in a broad market sector
- Other languages beneficial (but not necessary)
- Ability to lead and motivate others, where required in the role
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised working environment
- Excellent verbal and written English