Societe Generale are looking for a Charities & Trust Officer to join their team in London, providing support to the management.
Provide support to the management in the administration of a portfolio of charitable trusts and careful maintenance of client records. It should be the aim of members of the Trust Company to familiarise themselves with all the services offered by SG Hambros Bank & Trust (London). Each individual is responsible for maximising each client’s profitability and ensuring a client is delivered a service of the highest calibre by recognition of their requirements and adherence to company procedures.
Summary of responsibilities
• To maintain accounting and administrative records for a portfolio of charitable trusts. To include regular reporting, annual returns, income projections, cash management, budget forecasts, risk reporting, safe custody and KYC records.
• General trust and company administration, including liaison with clients, Trustees, beneficiaries, consultants and investment managers to facilitate the efficient running of the trusts.
• To co-ordinate and prepare documentation for all trust meetings.
• To assist the book keepers in Jersey with the trust company’s general accounting processes.
• To assist with the working papers for the preparation of annual accounts and to assist external accountants/auditors.
• To check charity annual accounts prepared by haysmacintyre.
• To verify and reconcile third party records e.g. Investment reports.
• To complete trust reviews on an agreed basis and ensure matters arising are followed up.
• To assist in the promotion of the Charitable Services offered both internally and to clients and intermediaries.
• To assist the Board of Directors with any other ad-hoc projects that may be required from time to time.
• To complete OPERA controls for the Charitable Trusts
• To be familiar with the company’s systems: Navision, Olympic, Word, Excel and Power Point, Management Information database
• Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SGPBH Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long term sustainability of client relationships
• Individual contributor competencies as defined in the SG Leadership Model
• Analytical Thinking
• Business Development
• Communication with internal department and external providers
• Knowledge of Products and Services
• Planning & Organising
• Relationship Building
• Commercial Awareness
• Interested in Trust, Fiduciary and charities and able to demonstrate the desire to develop in this area
Desirable but not essential: