BNY Mellon are looking for a Compliance Officer III based in Liverpool.
The role will be to provide compliance advice on new products, services and systems to internal clients. This will involve:
• Undertaking analysis of regulatory change items, and producing reports identifying the regulatory impact of such changes;
• Making recommendations about the most appropriate way of complying with regulatory or other requirements;
• Provide Compliance advice to the business with specific focus on SIPP, Retail client products including ISA and JISA and complaints handling;
• Providing advice and compliance support on CASS related issues.
Providing general compliance advice to colleagues, responding to queries and interpreting the application of regulatory or exchange rules. This includes, but is not limited to, a wide variety of rules including FCA COBS, CASS and SUP rules as well as HMRC legislation. Analysis of regulatory requirements.
Maintaining a detailed working knowledge of FCA rules and regulations to facilitate the provision of advice on regulatory and compliance issues arising in relation to Pershing. Analysing and interpreting new regulatory requirements for Pershing.
Involvement in the resolution of day to day questions arising with respect to Pershing’s business or Pershing’s client relationships.
Knowledge of market practices and rules, in particular those relating to SIPP, ISA and other retail products. FCA CASS experience would also be useful. This includes monitoring for regulatory and legislative rule changes and preparing updates to the business which analyse their impact
Investigating and preparing the response to queries received from regulatory authorities, trading venues and exchanges.
Supporting the maintenance, development and documentation of regulatory and in-house compliance policies, manuals and procedures as required, as well as delivering of training programmes. Drafting of communications to clients on Compliance matters.
Supporting and providing work flow cover for the other members of the Compliance Advisory Team.
Participating in Compliance Department projects and other projects that require Compliance input.
Liaising with Compliance counterparts across Pershing and Bank of New York Mellon group.
MyCareer Path Description and Position Summary
Manages compliance efforts for the Company as they relate to complex regulatory and policy requirements, program and project development. Thorough knowledge of Financial Services rules and regulations. Solid understanding of Compliance Risk Management and best practices. Excellent problem solving, analytical ability, oral and written communication skills. The ability to handle stressful situations with internal clients and regulators, while maintaining a professional approach to problem solving. Ability to effectively deal with senior management as well as, Federal/State and other Regulators Strong interpersonal skills to influence and impact business decisions over which the incumbent has
MyCareer Path Primary Responsibilities
• Analyze existing and proposed legislation, regulatory announcements, and industry practices, and helps businesses develop and implement procedures to meet these requirements.
• Validate control processes to ensure compliance with laws, rules and regulations
• Partners with business unit managers to respond to reports issued by regulatory agencies or audit
• May supervise a small team of compliance analysts