The Events Manager is the team expert on event planning, co-ordination, delivery and evaluation and supports the implementation of Lloyd’s diversity and inclusion strategy through creative and distinctive event experiences for the Dive In festival.
This role sits in the Brand & Marketing team within the Marketing and Communication Department with a matrix reporting line to the D&I team within the HR Department.
This role requires a flexible approach to working hours and may require some overseas travel.
What Will You Do?
- Support the planning and co-ordinate the delivery of the programme of festival events around the world.
- Provide the full spectrum of logistical support including selection and booking of venues, production, registration and ticketing, event enquirers and provision of event information to attendees.
- Provide on-site logistical support for London/UK based events during the festival including event set up, badges, catering, Audio Visual, etc.
- Communicate the festival programme to the festival team and key target audiences in collaboration with the festival communications committee, updating stakeholder databases as required.
- Provide regular updates on the events programme for key stakeholders including programme overview (by location), registration (bookings and availability)
- Coordinate all event information and collateral from festival volunteers (globally), including event descriptions, details and speaker profiles. Coordinate the regular updates on the festival website, programme brochure and event app.
- Prepare speaker briefings and support the onsite management of speakers in London/UK during the festival.
- Provide events advice and consultancy to the festival volunteer groups, researching speakers and proposing event formats where required.
- Manage all events budgets ensuring that all event-related costs are recorded and tracked.
- Analyse event metrics and compile data to support the evaluation and optimise the performance of the festival’s events identifying improvements based on this analysis.
- Develop and maintain an extensive network of festival event contacts globally. Coordinate the involvement of different market participants and sponsors in the festival’s programme of events as required.
- Assist with the organisation of (and attend where required) meetings for the festival steering committee, communications committee and volunteer meetings. Provide event management support for other [email protected]’s events where necessary.
What You’ll Need
- An established track record of event planning, project management, delivery and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability, backed by practical experience, to support complex global / multi-location events to successful completion, coordinating multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders.
- Experience of delivering in a fast-paced / high volume events environment.
- Experience of working in a global, multi-disciplinary marketing or events team.
- Experience of liaising with marketing/PR agencies and events suppliers to deliver excellent results and value for money.
- Experience of working in (or with) a corporate environment, financial services sector or other highly regulated industries.
- Experience of working with delegate management databases, event management systems and apps.
- Strong influencing, negotiating and interpersonal skills. Able to quickly build a network of contacts, inside the Corporation, around the Lloyd’s market and with suppliers and partners.
- Solid project management and organisational skills to oversee/deliver concurrent projects/workstreams.
- Highly organised, able to respond to changing priorities, rapidly assimilate new information and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Professional qualifications in either marketing, communications or a related field.
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, an enviable range of benefits.