Position Type: Permanent
Company: Thomson Reuters
Location: Canary Wharf, London
We are trusted for the decisions that matter most, empowering customers to act with confidence in a complex world. Our intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
Business Unit: Legal UKI
The legal business of Thomson Reuters delivers best-of-class solutions to help legal professionals practice the law, manage their organisation and grow their business. Our solutions include Thomson Reuters Practical Law, Westlaw UK, Sweet & Maxwell, Lawtel, Contract Express, Legal Tracker, Elite and IDS.
Our customers rely on us to deliver the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers.
The legal and regulatory world is changing rapidly. We help our customers deliver their services with accuracy, speed and confidence. Through our innovative online products, decision support tools, software and services, we provide the critical information that law firms, barristers, corporate legal departments, the public sector and academics need to work at their best. For more information, visit legal-solutions.co.uk.
Role Purpose/ Summary:
Are you currently a B2B marketing professional with demonstrated success in developing and executing on comprehensive and impactful demand generation and sales enablement strategies in a highly competitive marketplace? Thomson Reuters is looking for a motivated professional to join the Legal Managed Services Marketing team as we expand our market leading position in the US into UKI.
Legal Managed Services (fka Pangea3) is known for providing exceptional yet cost effective technology enabled services to multi-national corporations and law firms in areas including financial documentation, contract lifecycle management, and edisclosure. Development and execution of plans in UKI that will accelerate awareness of our offerings, drive demand, and quickly build market share.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about understanding our clients, takes the initiative to bring creative and bold new ideas to the table, welcomes the opportunity to shape strategy and roll up their sleeves to deliver results, and excels at working well with others across the globe in a quickly evolving business. This is currently a short term assignment that could evolve into a permanent role for the motivated and successful candidate.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Message Development
- Develop strong understanding of client workflow, pain points, and key issues that matter most to our clients
- Work with US team to adapt strategic messaging for UKI market
- Partner with Legal UKI and global marketing teams to incorporate managed services message within existing messaging framework
- Demand Generation:
- Develop and execute on strategy to drive market awareness and demand in UKI, ultimately resulting in marketing qualified leads (MQL’s) and sales qualified leads (SQL) for managed services
- Work closely with UKI Legal and other marketing teams to coordinate demand generation efforts and identify partnership opportunities
- Drive demand leveraging mixture of inbound and outbound programs featuring tactics including e-mail, webinars, retargeting, and social media
- Develop and execute on integrated web strategy designed to promote market awareness and lead conversion for the UKI market
- Collaborate with sales, US marketing team members, and other business partners to develop and execute on a UKI tradeshow and event strategy
- Work with the local PR partner and the US team on efforts to influence the press, bloggers, and other influencers
- Sales Enablement
- Support the sales team with compelling resources and tools such as client presentations, sell sheets, and thought leadership designed to engage UKI prospects in meaningful conversations
- Develop regular communication cadence with the sales team to share updates regarding marketing progress, discuss upcoming plans, and identify new needs or opportunities
- Content Strategy and Development
- Partner closely with the US team on plans for and development of content and thought leadership (e.g. white papers, infographics, videos, presentations, social posts, articles) that is bold, compelling, creative, and delivers value to our prospects.
- Work with internal and external subject matter experts to develop, edit, and finalize content
- Create or solicit authors for creation of content.
- Tracking and ROI
- Seek out data that can be used to shape and improve marketing initiatives
- Develop understanding of the lead scoring model and waterfall metrics to ensure that plans are in place to drive the amount of activity needed to reach waterfall and revenue targets
- Work with relevant teams to ensure key tracking and reporting is in place to gather the data necessary to evaluate the success of campaigns, programs, and tactics
- Leverage allocated budget in innovative and cost effective ways meant to have the greatest impact on driving toward target revenue. Estimate phasing, track, and report to direct leadership on marketing expenditures.
- An ideas person who proactively brings forward bold, creative, and compelling new approaches and is willing to challenge the status quo
- Skilled project manager dedicated to delivering high quality work on schedule, and leading, influencing, and inspiring others
- Experience working with others to build consensus in a highly matrixed, global organization
- Analytical ability and experience using quantitative and qualitative data to inform strategy and future improvements
- Significant experience in professional B2B marketing or other relevant experience preferred.
- Seeks out and embraces feedback and new ideas
- A “doer” who is accountable for independently driving performance but also possesses a strong desire to work closely with others to produce the best results for our prospects and clients
- Commitment to continuous learning and drive to self-educate
- Embraces the opportunities presented by a quickly changing and fast paced environment
- Experience working with Sales Force and marketing automation systems such as Eloqua
- Ability to write clear, concise and persuasive prose and understands the importance of storytelling
- Presents themselves with confidence, poise, and enthusiasm
- Degree Educated; MBA or Masters preferred
- Experience in the Financial Services industry a plus.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.