For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
Job Purpose: The EMEA innovation centre is one of a number of Innovation Centres we are building in our major locations. It has been specifically designed to offer a client co-creation facility for exploration and rapid prototyping and we are looking for a Developer & Data Analyst to be part of a team designed to do MVP-driven rapid prototyping and solution design.
• Work with clients to develop APIs for new service delivery
• Design and prototype POCs for customers in line with our organisation’s digital philosophy and overall architecture
• Work in an agile manner, based on iteration and customer-centric design
• Form part of a skills-matrix delivery structure reporting to the lab head
• Champion the company’s digital capabilities and work with relevant parties to facilitate integration of successful prototypes into BNY Mellon delivery ‘factories’
• Build relationships and work collaboratively with wider technology team globally, leveraging company capabilities across our geographies in line with CTS strategy
• Formal education in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
• Strong relational database knowledge (e.g. Oracle/DB2 database)
• Proven ability to mine data and derive business value
• Knowledge of Java EE and Web Application Frameworks
• Understanding of AngularJS would be preferable
• Familiarity with Hadoop and NoSQL databases would be an advantage
• Experience of an agile development framework and software lifecycle tools is desirable
• Strong communication skills are essential and we are looking for someone who takes an innovative approach to creating technology solutions
What we can offer you:
• Challenging, fun and supportive environment
• 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
• Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.