Barclays are looking for a new permanent Commercial Manager to join their team in London or Coventry. Rewarding the successful candidate with an excellent salary and benefits package, this role is a great opportunity to join Barclays.
As a Commercial Manager, you will have the fantastic opportunity to work in the newly-formed Premier Business, which is widely seen as one of our highest potential growth areas, and covers both UK and worldwide territories. The role will give you the chance to work in a fast-paced and changing environment – shaping the business area and commercial agenda. We offer a great team-working environment, with high-calibre colleagues, where you will be encouraged to develop within the job and organisation.
In Customer and Marketing, major promotional campaigns and brand activities are planned and executed. They understand what makes our customers tick and tell us what to communicate and when. By brand building and naming, creating compelling stories and developing cutting edge campaigns, they ensure that everyone knows about our products and services and the good work we do.
As a Commercial Manager, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Supporting the Senior Commercial Manager in the development and delivery of our vision for Premier, with a specific focus on robust commercial management, through a deep understanding of value drivers
- Ensuring our business approach and strategy is commercially sound
- Driving business performance management, through robust business planning and forecasting
- Working with key stakeholders to mobilise at pace against agreed management actions
- Supporting the proactive identification of related risk to drive and deliver commercial initiatives across a balanced scorecard
As a Commercial Manager, your skills and qualifications will include:
- Strategy development experience in financial services or other relevant industries
- An analytical, rigorous approach and the ability to form sound judgements
- Strong financial and commercial management skills, with the ability to translate this into action
- Good knowledge of segment analysis techniques (including transactional, behavioural and attitudinal analysis)
- A background in value-based management methods
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That’s why at Barclays you’ll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed. That’s not all. We’ll also offer you private healthcare, childcare savings, and employer discounts. All this, plus a unique company spirit that encourages people to achieve their best.
All we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We will consider applications from job share applicants. At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.