As a Barclays International Investment Advisor, you’ll play a key role in our dedicated Private Clients and Specialist Solutions team. We’ll look to you to develop a portfolio of investment advisory and discretionary customers, building relationships to understand their businesses and provide an excellent service every time. It’s a highly complex role, where you’ll take on a diverse range of challenges, making this a great opportunity to develop your career as a trusted investment advisor to our customers.
As an International Investment Advisor, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Building long-term relationships and recruiting new customers
- Developing plans for our customers, using your expertise to provide tailored advice on products and services including investments, banking, credit and wealth structuring
- Identifying opportunities to improve the services we offer our customers, and proactively offering simple, effective solutions
- Researching and analysing multiple datastreams to identify and avoid potential risks
As an International Investment Advisor, your skills and qualifications will include:
- Significant experience of delivering high-quality customer portfolio management in a financial services industry environment
- A strong knowledge of global and economic and political conditions, current trends and competitor activities
- An in-depth commercial understanding of the importance of building strong relationships with customers
- Financial qualifications to a level 4 standard, FCA approval, and the drive to study toward further professional accreditation
- The creative and strategic expertise to develop authoritative investment advice
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That’s why at Barclays you’ll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed. That’s not all. We’ll also offer you private healthcare, childcare savings, and employer discounts. All this, plus a unique company spirit that encourages people to achieve their best.
All we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We will consider applications from job share applicants. At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.