A market leading UK FTSE 100 business has an exciting opportunity for a Senior IT Sourcing Manger focusing on IT Procurement. This is a unique position within one of the fastest growing companies in the world, for an individual ideally coming from a Senior IT Buying background within Banking or Financial services or large blue chip organisation.
The role will focus on the full spectrum of IT Procurement incorporating IT Hardware, Software and Services Sourcing, reporting in to the Head of IT Procurement. It will be your job to work with the Senior Directors across the business for a company with a large annual multimillion pound IT spend, in what is a key spend category for the business.
You will take a wide commercial view across the company as a whole and identify opportunities to deliver sustainable benefit to the business, ensuring consistency and driving synergies across the business understanding the pressures and nuances of a FTSE 100 organisation.
Along with assisting in design, defining and setting of sourcing strategy across the business, within the IT category you will be implementing and delivering this strategy at ground level and will be expected to achieve significant bottom line cost savings.
This is ultimately a challenging, exciting and hands on role for an individual looking to further their career in a global FTSE 100 organisation.
Key experience required (but not limited to)
* Sourcing strategy.
* Selection of potential bidders.
* Development of bid evaluation criteria.
* Invite to tender.
* Bid evaluation.
* Contractual clarifications/negotiations.
* Post contract management.
Essential skills required;
* Proven experience within IT Procurement / Sourcing, experience dealing with a range of IT vendors across Software, Hardware, Networking and Telephony.
* The main focus is on Software and Licensing procurement and we are looking for someone with strong experience reviewing contracts and working with Legals teams to define terms.
* Unsurpassed negotiation techniques with exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills.
* Demonstrable and referenced stakeholder engagement skills.
* The ability to review key documents related to Procurement & Contracting process
* Experience working with Legal teams to bid evaluation, contractual clarifications / negotiations, post contract management.
* Commercially astute with context to the wider business.
Please call Matt on 01932 245500 for more info.
Potential for permanent role down the line.
Duration 12 months
Start Date ASAP
Salary £550 – £605 per day
Recruiting Company Summary
Company Name Jenrick IT
Contact Matt Hancock
Posted Date 08/02/2013 09:07:00