Worldpay are searching for a new Release Process Specialist based in their Cambridge offices. This role is a permanent position and they are offering a fantastic salary and benefits package. Find out what it is like to work at Worldpay here.
You may or may not, but billions of money transactions a year are made using our payments processes, whether via a card machine or online. Our systems enable our customers, whether large or small, to process their customer’s payments, so they can grow their business. This could be your local supermarket where you do your weekly shop or favourite airline when you book tickets to New York.
What do we want from you?
You will be responsible for ensuring that change to the functionality and capability of WorldPay’s 365/24/7 internet payment processing platform(s) (in the form of updated software and components) is deployed successfully and without negative customer impact. The role involves supporting the eComm Release Manager in the ownership of the entire release process, including stakeholder and supplier liaison, release planning, managing release related communications (internally and externally). Ensuring the correct Change and Release governance is in place for the WPG & Hosted Payment Pages platform(s), managing the deployment team, running the deployments, ensuring post release checks are performed and passed, managing post release related incidents and conducting and documenting post release reviews
You will also help to define, encourage and actively roll out best practise in Change, Release and deployment disciplines and act as a deputy for the eComm Release Manager during times of absence.
What do you need to have?
- A software engineering/technical/test engineering background is highly desirable for this role as-well-as a thorough understanding of the various common software development lifecycles (specifically Agile methodology).
- Strong knowledge and practical/commercial application of one or more software project management methods
- Knowledge and practical application of continuous integration & continuous deployment methods and tools would be beneficial.
- You’ll have a solid understanding and working knowledge of the ITIL framework, specifically the Change & Release management processes.
- Knowledge of the Service Now Change Management toolset would be an advantage
If you would like to know more please apply now and a member of the team will be in touch.