Ladbrokes are seeking a new Reward Administrator as part of their HR Reward team, on a perm basis based in their Middlesex offices. Offering a great salary package and opportunities to progress their career.
The name Ladbrokes is synonymous with betting and gaming. We operate over 2,000 shops in the UK and employ over 14,000 people. Additional ventures in Spain, Belgium and Asia make us the worlds largest betting and gaming company. We are a market leader in our field, investing in cutting edge new technologies in online gaming and telephone betting.
Reporting to the Reward Manager, the role will provide a range of duties including the following:
Main Purpose of the Job:
To provide an excellent administration service to the wider business within the Reward team; including presentation preparation and employee information input for Reward initiatives in the business.
- Co-ordination and support in drafting of internal and external reward communications (e.g. merged mailings for Bonus, Pay Review and Share schemes, death in service process, or recommendation papers)
- Diary management, booking and management of meetings and flights/overnight requirements for the team
- Accountable for travel and other arrangements for Long Service and Serious About Service events
- Act as coordinator for rewarding colleagues e.g. purchasing of rewards, Fanclub point allocation
- Support annual projects such as Reward Events, Bonus and Pay Review and all aspects of insurance renewals
- Support of reward strategy development and delivery
- Identify product, process and service improvement in Reward
- Act as second line support for time critical reward analysis
- Initial point of contact for Reward queries received via HRDirect/Reward inbox identifying appropriate action e.g. response/escalation
Administration and Reporting
- Extracting Reward data from HR systems, such as the Pensions and Benefits Hub and Qlikview / R12
- Effective and accurate information inputs Reward Schemes and processes such as for Cycle to Work, Health Insurances, Childcare Vouchers, pension and benefits
- Supporting Reward team with all day-to-day administration activities including the Annual Planner and log.
- Update support documentation and administrative framework for Reward policies and schemes
- Previous administrator experience
- Ability to manage and support highly confidential activities
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to deal with colleagues as
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power point)
- Proficiency with Email (googlemail)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills