PwC have an exciting opportunity for a number of Secretarial Assistants to join their growing team in Birmingham.
As a Secretarial Assistant, you will be responsible for providing professional support to a group of Senior Managers across the business. If you are successfully shortlisted for this position, you will be asked to undertake a written assessment at interview.
About the role
The role will include a variety of responsibilities, as outlined below.
- Proactive itinerary planning including provision of suggestions on best options, key contact details and ensuring travel details are managed in diary
- Maximising cost reduction opportunities through full travel policy compliance and challenging whether travel requests are essential
- Provision of regular progress updates on travel bookings
- Arranging meetings on request including catering, equipment, agenda preparation etc
- Monitoring of meeting attendance and flagging issues with meeting owner
- Prompting and ensuring all meetings are cancelled if appropriate in plenty of time to release space
- Provision of regular progress updates on meeting support
- Influencing behavioural change in the use of VC and Live Meeting
Telephone support/call handling
- Ensure that preferences for telephone support are clarified with each customer
- Calls to be answered professionally and accurate messages to be transcribed and provided to customer
- All external client calls to be noted and Secretarial Assistant to ensure follow up action has been taken to respond or escalate as appropriate, keeping client informed of any delays
- Provide advice and support on CRM maintenance including creating, amending and deleting contacts and opportunities
New Senior Manager Welcome
- Make proactive contact when new SMs are allocated, providing template for preferences and contracting for support provision (within Service Offering remit)
Ad hoc administration
- Provide support for unplanned/emergency absences
- Act as point of contact for urgent queries during planned and pre-agreed absence cover
- Provide support for customer in IT technical problems e.g. follow-up/chase support in situations when technology has broken
- Prepare, amend, format, scan, print documents and correspondence from original manuscripts – complying with brand and risk procedures – generally for documents of 2 pages or less including letters of engagement, short PowerPoint presentations, minutes of meetings etc
- Preference/key details list to be maintained for each SM in allocation ( to include key clients/alternates for client calls/vital/emergency contact details/dietary requirements etc)
- Administration for special work e.g. support for planned volume incoming mail for special projects in for example BRS
- Administrative support for client or internal events to include preparation of invitations, name badges etc
Requirements Secretarial Assistants require:
- Exceptional customer relationship skills in order to establish a trusted and professional relationship very quickly with their customers – many of whom may be off site.
- Confidence and the ability to use own judgement in order to be able to prioritise, question, challenge, negotiate and influence behavioural change in customer base.
- Solution focused with the ability to spot opportunities to add more value to customers within the overall customer charter.
- High degree of personal responsibility and ownership of the delivery of high quality work.
- The ability to work as part of a customer focussed team and establish strong relationships with the local PA teams for customer base to ensure co-ordinated and seamless service.
- Appropriate business knowledge in order to be able to respond to external client telephone calls professionally.