The Accounting Services business group at PwC is looking for a qualified ACA / ACCA Manager, with broad accounting / finance experience gained working within practice, to join our expanding Accounting Services (AS) team.
AS provides outsourced accounting services for large national, multinational and inbound clients across a multitude of situations. These include:
- The preparation of local GAAP statutory financial statements (SFS).
- Providing skilled accounting resource on secondment, where there is a temporary need for additional resource.
- Bookkeeping and preparation of periodic management accounts.
In addition, AS manages and controls the preparation of local GAAP SFS for cross border clients. AS also provides advisory services which include:
- Advising on statutory accounting compliance requirements.
- Advising on improvements to the SFS cycle i.e. the production, audit and filing of SFS.
A Manager in AS requires the ability to manage a portfolio of clients and to work on ad hoc projects. An AS Manager needs the ability to apply their accounting compliance knowledge to major proposals to help manage and grow the AS accounting compliance portfolio worldwide. In addition, the ability to contribute to the development of the accounting advisory service offering with regards to process improvement, technology, risk and controls is required.
The role also requires an ability to take responsibility for the management of accounting staff, as well as participating in group management matters such as, effective financial management of own portfolio of clients and participation in group technical training meetings.
About the role
As part of PwC, the largest global accounting firm, AS offers a challenging and exciting career path. AS has a varied and prestigious client base and works with various specialists in their own field which, combined with the importance placed on continuous technical training and personal development, provides an excellent opportunity for career development.
The role has come about due to the planned expansion of AS. The individual will report directly to Senior Managers or the Partner and Director who lead AS.
- Qualified ACA / ACCA with proven management experience in a medium to large accountancy firm.
- Strong accounting skills and technical knowledge on financial reporting matters including the ability to work from first principles.
- Very good working knowledge of UK GAAP and some awareness of US GAAP and IFRS.
- IT literate, ideally with some experience of accounting packages and very good excel spreadsheet skills.
- Highly professional attitude to providing a quality service in a deadline driven environment.
- Self motivated with strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong supervisory skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to develop and coach staff.
- Demonstrate flexibility in changing client demand environment.
- Proactive and be able to identify opportunities for new work