For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers
Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
The aim of the Transfer Agency Department is to maintain high quality Transfer Agency service levels to its clients in accordance with the Service Level Agreements (SLAs), striving to achieve zero complaints and no major issues. The responsibility of the Head of Investor Money Oversight (HIMO) is to ensure adherence to the Investor Money Regulations 2015 (S.I. No 105 of 2015), by BNY Mellon Fund Services (Ireland) DAC and in doing so to ensure the safeguarding of investor money. The Assistant Manager has responsibility for all the day to day oversight functions performed by the Office of the HIMO. It is also the responsibility of the Assistant Manager to ensure that controls and procedures are in place to support the HIMO in fulfilling his regulatory obligation
Responsibilities: Operational oversight
- Oversight of key IMR related tasks performed by TA Operational teams, including the daily reconciliations, daily calculations, IM account opening and closing, systems access certifications,
- Gather detailed MIS from operations team on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis as required,
- Conduct ongoing verification of the resources and capability of staff to perform their roles as required by the IMR
- Ongoing oversight of arrangements with outsourced partners (AS and AIS) where they relate to IMR functions
Risk & Control
- Ensure the upkeep and maintenance of the Investor Money Management Plan (IMMP) through regular attestation and testing, and arranging annual review and approval by the Board
- Ensure initial and ongoing due diligence is conducted on credit institutions holding investor money
- Review and retention of Investor Money Facilities Letters (IMFL) and periodic review of account naming conventions to ensure adherence to the Regulations
- Monitor receipt of breach reports, tracking of actions arising from breach, Attend weekly meeting with Compliance to discuss breach reporting
- Co-ordinate annual external audit, and collate all follow up actions arising from audit including those relating to TA Operations and the office of the HIMO
- Perform secretariat role for monthly Investor Money Oversight Committee, including booking meeting room, gathering reports from meeting contributors and preparing meeting pack for circulation with agenda, taking minutes and actions and issuing draft and finals to attendees
- Prepare quarterly HIMO report to the board, review and follow up on data gathered from TA Ops teams and other areas, and put together with HIMO specific updates
- Co-ordinate annual review and attestation of accountability matrix with accountable individuals
What we are looking for?
- 5 years’ experience in Transfer Agency at Supervisory level or higher
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the Investor Money Regulations.
- Possess strong organisational, inter-personal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate detailed analytical skills to develop and support robust oversight model and support this with up to date documented procedures
- Demonstrate strong record keeping skills including upkeep of action trackers
- Demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm for your job with an ability to set and achieve challenging goals.
- Strong clerical and keyboard skills with particular focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft packages particularly Excel. Knowledge of Visual Basic would be beneficial but not essential.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Motivate team members with the ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- Professional approach to work and personal appearance.
What we can do for you?
- Exposure to major global financial institutions.
- A fast paced environment which offers ability to develop and progress within the company.
- Challenging, fun and supportive environment.
- 25 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 2 extra days.
- Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
- City Centre location.
- Competitive discounts on travel and parking.
- Discounts on a range of local retailers.
- Opportunity for further academic training – including NVQ, IOC, Degree, and soft skills.
- Opportunity to join site wide network groups.
- Opportunity to participate in innovation programmes, we recognise and reward new ideas.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer