Come join National Audit Office (NAO) as an Audit Principal and help them make a real difference!
As an Audit Principal with NAO, you can apply your skills to support their financial audit programme and help them further develop their financial audit practice. Having delivered high quality financial audits gained within a professional external audit environment, you will have experience of one of the following:
- Working in a Centre of Expertise providing assurance over complex transactions and balances across the public sector.
- Auditing Shared Service or complex IT environments.
- Auditing companies – particularly in the financial services or media sectors.
NAO Audit Principals lead complex engagements and manage engagements to deliver a portfolio of work which leads to the certification of their clients’ accounts. They deliver high quality IT-enabled audit work to international auditing standards. Their insights and the value they add not only benefits our clients but also informs our other work – including our value-for-money studies and investigations.
The successful candidates will be able to:
- Plan and lead delivery of a portfolio of high quality financial audits and other assurance work to time and budget, making finely balanced, future-proof and technical audit judgements.
- Develop positive external client relationships, achieve impact and recognition for the value of our financial audit work and insights.
- As an audit lead, motivate audit teams and line manage junior colleagues to deliver successfully
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the NAO and contribute to our wider work.
- Identify opportunities to increase our strategic insight and drive quality, including delivering investigative audit and other work.
- Be a positive role model in response to change; contributing to new initiatives and ways of working.
Whilst London based, all roles carry a mobility obligation, and given the locations of our clients, Audit Principals will be expected to travel away from home which will involve some overnight stays.
This is a pivotal role in the delivery of our financial audit work. It requires proactive, flexible, and resourceful individuals who are willing to add value to the work of their team.
We require the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- CCAB qualified.
- Experience of successfully delivering consistently high quality financial audit work and excellent technical audit judgements gained in a highly professional external audit environment.
- Maintains an outward-looking perspective and understands key client issues in order to deliver what matters to our clients and external stakeholders.
- Engages confidently and collaboratively with clients to build good working relationships.
- Project management skills required to lead audits and teams to efficiently and effectively deliver successful outcomes.
- Team leadership and line management skills needed to motivate and develop colleagues and to maximise their performance and contribution in achieving business goals.
- Collaboration skills required to engage with a diverse range of stakeholders in a confident and inclusive way to deliver a team effort.
- Written and oral communication skills needed to influence stakeholders and communicate key points clearly and concisely.
- A proactive, resourceful and resilient approach to work and ability to multi-task.
- Is committed to their own professional development and supporting the development of other
For further details on these opportunities and what they’re looking for, please refer to the attached job description.
You must be a UK, Commonwealth, EEA or Swiss national to comply with Civil Service nationality rules and must hold a valid work permit. They are not able to sponsor work visas.