For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle.
BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers
BNY Mellon Investment Services provides a comprehensive range of services that are unrivaled in scale, precision and quality. Our services have the power to enhance transparency, maximize liquidity and mitigate risks.
The Business Support Manager – Regulatory Requirements (BSM) reports to the Head of Belgium BPMO (Business Project Management Office). He/she has no direct reports.
- The BSM will have the ability to undertake any role for any type of project prioritized by the BNYM SA/NV Executive Committee (ExCo) or the BNYM Brussels Branch Management Committee (BBMC).
- The business need, project timeline and business priorities will dictate their role in a given project.
- The BSM will either manage projects mainly driven by regulatory requirements and remediation efforts or act as Subject Matter Expert (SME), Senior Business Analyst or SME manager on projects (still mainly driven by regulatory requirements) of various sizes, and originating from various sources.
- The primary remit of the role is to support projects for the function(s) within the BNYM entity in line with the organizational structure of this entity.
- The BSM will be responsible for ensuring that he/she gives the appropriate business input so as to ensure the deliverable fulfils the needs and requirements for the assigned function.
- The BSM will essentially have a field of expertise (in this case Regulatory Reporting) within the assigned function so as to act as subject matter expert and will also have sufficient general competency to perform all other roles on a project as defined by the ExCo or the BBMC.
- As SME manager, the BSM manages resources across functions & business lines, coordinating reviews of project documentation, reporting to the Head of Belgium BPMO and ensuring progress to key milestone is met and that the final delivery and/or output meets regulatory and risk guidelines.
- During assigned regulatory projects, the BSM (Regulatory Reporting) will provide in depth accounting and regulatory expertise to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the data reported to regulators, in line with other financial and prudential data reported by BNYM SA/NV or BNYM Brussels Branch.
- He/she will maintain relationships with the oversight committees and regulators to assure their questions are answered and needs are met.
- He/she will also provide insight as required in periodic presentations to the oversight committees.
- He/she will liaise with other functional departments to ensure the quality, accuracy and completeness of financial and prudential reporting and disclosures, ensuring business and structural changes at BNY Mellon are adequately reflected in the reporting.
- The projects are typically cross functional and have global exposure.
- Due to the BSM abilities, he/she will work in close collaboration with Project Managers, which means they will lead the analysis of business processes, will complete related documentation and will lead work-stream on large projects .
- The ExCo or BBMC member responsible for the assigned request will be the first internal client to the jobholder.
- The BSM will also have relationships with groups outside of the functional areas, namely, Business Program Services, Technology groups, Client Change Management, Risk & Compliance.
- Sound knowledge of the banking environment, its products and technologies and its regulatory framework.
- Holder must possess in depth understanding of end-to-end flows across multiple system applications for their assigned function as well as broad knowledge of the other functions and departments within the legal entity.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent.
- Master degree level preferred.
- Professional project management qualification.
- 10+ years banking experience required to be able to understand impact to assigned function during strategic and/or cross-functional projects or when acting as Senior Analyst.
- 3+ years experience in Financial Regulatory Reporting.
- English fluency
- Other European language a plus
- Must be able to conduct business analysis across functions and to determine business lines impacted on any given project.
- Must have the experience and confidence to identify and raise risks and manage to resolution.
Project management skills
- On large projects when acting as Business SME manager or project manager will be required to ensure project resources perform key tasks allocated to them in a timely manner, which requires negotiation, issue resolution and influencing skills.
Business & Technical skills
- When acting as subject matter expert, the holder is required to give input to business requirements and functional specifications.
- During this process, the BSM will work with Technology to find solutions that lead to the Technology development.
- The aim is to deliver an end product that meets the regulatory requirements.
- When acting as project manager the jobholder will need to ensure thorough follow up on issues so that they are resolved and targets/ deliverables are met.
- Where project requires analysis to determine feasibility, the jobholder will draw on their business knowledge and expertise to propose a solution.
- For their assigned project, the jobholder is responsible for ensuring the end deliverables meets the requirements i.e. fit for purpose.
- To achieve this, the jobholder will be required to draw on their knowledge and understand where it is necessary to call in others to participate in the compilation of business requirements and the development of the functional specification.
- The jobholder will interact with other groups during projects/assignment lifecycle and when dealing with issues raised by those groups e.g. Business Program Services, Change Management, Technology Services and Risk Management.
- He/she will have strong management qualities in order to manage project resources as required and lead on projects.
- Requires the ability to persuade, influence others and communicate effectively with all levels in the organization, including Senior and Executive Management and occasionally, external industry parties
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.