Capitalab, a division of BGC Partners, is looking for highly talented, quantitative, energetic, confident, delivery-oriented software developers to work within the Capitalab front-office development team.
The Capitalab division is a quantitative financial technology group within BGC, founded January 2015, responsible for optimising portfolios of financial derivatives for large investment banks and buy-side clients. Headquartered in London with presence in Singapore, Tokyo and New York, the teams work directly with Capitalab senior management to develop innovative, revenue-facilitating, market-leading services within the Capital Markets industry.
You will be working as one of the early joiners of the division so will need to be a highly motivated self-starter. The product is a high-profile, client-facing development and hence will require a clear and strict approach for ensuring requirements are addressed within business constraints.
• Several years of enterprise-level C# development experience with a server-side focus
• Excellent knowledge of C# (ideally .NET 4.5) development skills and techniques
• Appreciation of good software architecture including design patterns & SOLID principles
• Experience of unit test frameworks, mocking frameworks and patterns for testability
• Thorough understanding of multi-threading techniques and .NET implementation
• WCF including Web Services and Windows Services over SOAP or REST
• Strong knowledge of object-oriented software development in Python
• Experience of writing SQL queries and procedures and ORM such as NHibernate or EF
• Knowledge of Fixed Income derivatives
• Familiarity with Agile software development
• Highly talented Computer Science / Mathematics / Physics / Engineering or similar quantitative graduate
• Highly motivated self-starter and entrepreneurial approach to problem-solving
• Capable of managing own workload, while providing regular feedback to management
• Confident communicator capable of working directly for stakeholders
• Collaborative approach to working as part of a global team
• Ability to work in a demanding environment