PwC are looking to recruit a Senior Manager / Manager into their Pay, Performance and Risk (PPR) team which is part of their Human Resource Services (HRS) practice on a full-time basis and providing an excellent salary and benefits package.
About the role
Our team based in London is growing and we are looking for high quality professionals to help service our impressive client list.
There are currently approximately 35 people in the LRT PPR team (with c.230 people in total across all our PPR teams in the UK) advising on all aspects of Reward, from design through to detailed implementation. People in the team come from a variety of backgrounds all bringing different skills and perspective ensuring that our clients get the best possible advice.
Our team pride themselves on providing fresh perspectives, to think differently, and to develop and implement new and value adding solutions. The team have strong relationships with senior level clients offering end-to-end practical solutions from design to implementation, focused predominantly (but not exclusively) on Mid-Tier / FTSE 250 companies.
The team leverages off the diverse skill sets within the HRS practice – which brings together all of the professionals working in the human resource service arena, from: tax, benefits, retirement, communications, financial planning, international assignment, legal, and process management.
You will help in the design and implementation of Executive Remuneration strategy and incentive plans as well as assisting companies with the ongoing operation of their plans.
Successful candidates will advise UK and overseas clients on the structuring, tax, legal, accounting, HR and other implications of share and other incentive plans. Clients will be both private and publicly listed companies and you will be involved in developing and maintaining strong relationships.
You will prepare reports for HR contacts and Remuneration Committees setting out guidelines of pay and other elements of remuneration packages such as benefits and share incentives.
You will receive support and guidance from the senior members of the team as well as professional and personal development. The role will give you exposure to an impressive client list, an energetic, growing team with a varied workload and interesting professional challenges from day one.
We are looking for individuals who are keen to work as part of a growing team servicing our existing clients and help win and develop and win new ones. The role will be client facing from day one and you will typically be expected to start building relationships with client HR and finance teams from a very early stage.
- Amount of time office based: 80%
- Amount of time at client sites: 20%
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home: Occasionally
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)?: Yes
- Opportunity for working from home?: Occasionally
- Opportunity for job sharing?: No
- 2/3 years of experience in the area of Executive Reward including experience in: delivering pay benchmarking, reward or share plan design / implementation, awareness of corporate governance and shareholder views around remuneration, preparation of remuneration committee papers and remuneration reports.
- Proven mathematical experience; financial modelling, quantitative analysis.
- Experience in managing and developing client relationships, ideally in a consulting environment.
- Enthusiastic to be involved in the development and coaching of more junior members of the team.
- A professional and pro-active approach, to deliver top client service.
The skills we look for in future employees
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, business acumen, technical capabilities, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business. www.pwc.com/uk/diversity
As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we’re open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.