BNY Mellon are looking for an Income & Tax Administrator to join them in Manchester.
Income & Tax is a large department made up of 10 teams. The department is responsible for accurate & timely processing of dividend income & bond Interest to our clients’ accounts. Furthermore, ensuring that clients are correctly taxed for their payments and if not, reclaiming any tax that is owed. The department handles a high value and volume of transactions across a number of international markets.
Responsibilities: (Key parts to the job role)
The Income & Tax Administrator is responsible for completing reconciliation work on income events, applying tax relief and processing tax reclaims. Completing work in line with department procedures and industry regulations.
Resolving queries by internal system & email. Taking part in team projects and representing the team on departmental initiatives. Reviewing and writing procedures when required.
Key areas of responsibility (Bullet points of specific responsibilities)
• Accurate and timely reconciliation of client positions to market data using internal systems and excel reports – within specified deadlines
• Researching & resolving queries from internal departments & client facing teams
• Research & resolution of cash & stock reconciliation breaks, using internal systems
• Communicating with internal teams and external companies via telephone, email and letters
Skills and experience (necessary and desired skills and experience required)
• Problem solving
• Computer literate and good level of excel skills
• Strong numeracy understanding
• Attention to detail
• Organisation & time management
• Communication skills
• 5 GCSEs A* to C
What we can offer you:
• Challenging, fun and supportive environment
• 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
• Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
• City centre location
• Competitive discounts on travel and parking
• Discounts on a range of local retailers
• Opportunity for further academic training – including NVQ, IOC, Degree and soft skills
• Opportunity to join site wide networking groups
• Opportunity to participate in process improvement programmes (Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen); we recognise and reward new ideas