People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It’s personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like ‘hard work’ and ‘dedication’ together with ‘community’ and ‘respect’ has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it’s what makes us different. It’s what makes you different
Purpose of Role :
The legal department is part of the legal function within the Socit Gnrale (“SG”) group of companies. The legal department provides legal support to SG Hambros Bank Limited and the SG Hambros group companies based in Jersey, Guernsey and Gibraltar (together the “SGPBH Group”). (SG Hambros Bank Limited has subsidiaries including two banks, two trust companies and other companies that provide wealth management and funds research services.)
This role requires the successful candidate to act as a central point of contact on all administrative queries relating to the SGPBH Group legal department. The purpose of this role is to assist the Group Head of Legal and provide general administrative support to the SGPBH Group legal department. The role will involve regular interaction with senior management of the SGPBH Group.
- Central point of contact who manages all administrative queries relating to the SGPBH Group legal department.
- Provides general assistance to the Group Head of Legal and the SGPBH Group legal team. This will consist of managing all administrative queries relating to the SGPBH Group legal department including:
- booking meetings and arranging conference calls
- managing the calendars of the SGPBH Group legal team
- booking travel arrangements
- providing administrative support in setting up training sessions with external law firms
- managing a centralised timetable of events for the team, including reportings to Paris
- Manages signing of all legal documentation on behalf of the SGPBH Group, and sets up and maintains a central legal document filing system and central database of all signed agreements for the SGPBH Group.
- Manages payment of legal invoices for the SGPBH Group legal team, and undertakes centralised reportings of legal spend to Paris.
- General filing, photocopying, scanning, logging and e-filing of legal agreements and other documentation as required.
- Fully respects SG policies and procedures defined within the UK, at PRIV and at the SG group level, in order to control operational risks:
- Respects local SG procedures and regulations
- Adheres to and applies the SG code of conduct
- Application of SG’s IMMUNE rules
- Maintains awareness of operational risks exposure in daily activities and seeks advice from management and/or the SGPBH Group Operational Risk department in case of doubt.
Key Skills and Capabilities
- Excellent administrative skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good understanding of legal administrative duties
- Fluent English
- Knowledge of local business, products and officers
- Good knowledge and understanding of SG reporting tools
- Knowledge of Immune golden rules and constant attention paid to them
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Rectitude and rigour
- Professional and enterprising
- High degree of integrity and discretion
- Interpersonal skills
- Good order and method
- Good judgement skills (e.g. ability to adequately raise an alert on operational risk exposures)
Qualifications / Experience:
- Relevant computer qualifications including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint processing.
- Exposure to having worked in a legal practice, or in house legal department within the financial services industry
- Written and spoken French is desirable.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.