Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
The Partnership Manager is responsible for identifying and successfully executing new partnerships with F&R content and solution assets, and monetizing existing partner relationships in an identified book of business and identified prospective new partners. The goals are to achieve annual sales targets, to ensure that all partnership opportunities are in line with Partnership objectives, to align partner objectives with the strategy and direction of F&R and Thomson Reuters as a whole, and to ensure that partnership opportunities are reviewed with the Segment and Partnership management teams as necessary.
- This position manages and grows revenue and Thomson Reuters market share through partner relationships to maximize customer satisfaction and achieve company’s strategic objectives. Develops and grows partner relationships to ultimately drive revenue growth. Develops and executes F&R partnership strategy by collaborating with Partners, Segment/Sectors and account teams to deliver stronger, more relevant value propositions.
- Frame and execute on business development, marketing and go-to-market plans for new and existing partners to achieve sales objectives by working collaboratively with GSAM colleagues, Segment/Sector heads and the Solution Partners management team.
- Manages, retains and grows revenue through partnerships, responsible for sales and the partner relationship (includes new sales and quota attainment).
- Cultivates partner relationships and ensure effective service delivery to clients through account teams and partner contacts.
- Supports execution of partnership strategy with the partner relationships and at the account level (GSAM).
- Responsible for forecasting in TRUST, keeps management in touch with partner accounts in a timely fashion, gathers intelligence on competitor activity with partners and gives feedback to marketing.
- Acts as the point of contact for the partner relationship, provides escalation path to/from Service, attends to partnership issues promptly.
- Ownership of partnership contract negotiation, renegotiation, notifications, term sheets, etc.
- Management and fulfillment of partnership agreements through coordination with Legal.
- Ongoing account management of new and existing partnership relationships
- Defined sales objectives
- Identify and attend industry events, conferences, and meetings that provide potential new or expanded partnership opportunities for F&R’s content and solutions offerings, and promote existing F&R partnerships.
- Work as point of contact for sales channel
- Selling skills (identity, develop and articulate a complex proposition/consultative selling).
- Knowledge and understanding of Thomson Reuters business and processes
- Previous partnership, sales and account management experience preferred, including experience with drafting of partnership agreements
- Creative problem solving and negotiation skills essential
- Strong organizational and decision making skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams in matrixed organization
- Strong interpersonal, and oral and written communications skills
- Ability to design and make presentations to prospective partners and internal audiences including senior management and peers across F&R teams.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Understanding of Thomson Reuters product and market strategy, and ability to keep abreast of ongoing changes
- Knowledge of financial industry and F&R’s organizational approach to serving the industry via the Trading, Investment Management and Research, Investment Banking, Corporate and Wealth Management segments
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.