BNY Mellon are searching for a Regional Head of Benefits to manage all aspects of employee benefits (pension, medical plans, risk insurances) and Wellbeing initiatives for EMEA.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Human Resources is invested in helping BNY Mellon achieve business success by building a winning, high-performance culture that stems from great talent, leadership, learning and diversity; and partnering with employees to provide the tools and resources necessary to support successful career growth and help ensure employees’ wellbeing.
To manage all aspects of employee benefits (pension, medical plans, risk insurances) and Wellbeing initiatives for EMEA.
- Responsible for design, delivery and administration of contemporary market aligned benefit and wellbeing plans and programmes to meet business needs in accordance with stated strategic objectives and budgetary commitments.
- Ensure that all programmes are integrated with the BNY Mellon total rewards philosophy and strategic initiatives.
- Maintain knowledge of best practice in the design and delivery of benefits and manage external benchmarking
- Manage procedures and processes to maintain legal/regulatory compliance for all regional plans.
- Work with Payroll, the HR Operations team and Finance to ensure effective management and co-ordination of benefit cost budgets, liabilities, payments and accruals.
- Manage the effective design and communication of benefit and wellbeing information and develop educational materials
- Manage vendor relationships and continually assess leverage of scale and analyse benefit outsourcing opportunities, working with Corporate Sourcing on vendor selection.
- Manage and monitor plan claims experience/usage (Medical plans, EAP, Long Term Disability, Death in Service) working with outsourced providers and insurers as appropriate to produce comprehensive metrics.
- Establish and maintain metrics and effective reporting on all aspects of benefit and wellbeing plan participation and cost.
- Provide project management oversight to annual benefit renewal processes including Flexability the UK and Eire flexible benefits platform.
- Work with Centres of Expertise in the US to co-ordinate International activities relating to Corporate programmes and processes
- Provide ad hoc support on M & A and associated TUPE activities with particular reference to benefit arrangements.
- Provide advice, guidance and support to members of the HR team as appropriate.
- Manage a small team of staff.
- Experience at managerial level as a benefits specialist in an ‘In-house’ (as opposed to consultancy) role. Must demonstrate a sound awareness of current benefits best practice with specific knowledge of UK auto-enrolment and flexible benefits platforms
- Previous team manager experience, directing the work and activity of a small team with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Specific EMEA and Non US Americas experience/knowledge.
- Experience of working in a complex matrix managed organisation possible in a USA parented organisation but not necessarily Financial Services Sector.
- Knowledge of computer based benefit platforms and PC applications.
- Experience of selecting and managing Third party outsourced service providers
- Ability to manage and build strong partnership relationships with third party outsource providers (pension admin, medical insurance).
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of broader HR implications relevant to this role in (employment law, payroll interfaces, employee communications).
- Tertiary education – graduate or equivalent experience related skills.
- Articulate and numerate with a commercial focus.
- First class interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Work effectively in an internal consultancy capacity with a focus on client service delivery.
- Excellent meeting presentation skills.
- Proven effective client management and building business relationship skills.
- Good system skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HRIS (Peoplesoft ideal).
- Excellent data management, manipulation, interpretation, analysis and data presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (complex letters, proof reading, employee communications and presentations); advanced report writing skills.
- Effective Project Management skills – able to manage a range of specific projects simultaneously and autonomously to tight deadlines.