Lloyd’s is the world’s leading insurance market providing specialist insurance services in over 200 countries and territories globally. Lloyd’s is a society of members, both corporate and individual, who underwrite in syndicates on whose behalf professional underwriters accept risk. The Corporation of Lloyd’s oversees and provides services to support the market and promotes Lloyd’s around the world.
The Lloyd’s name is known and trusted and we have built our reputation on strength, stability and expertise. Backed by excellent financial ratings, the Lloyd’s market has consistently explored and tackled the world’s most unusual and complex risks – from space travel to cyber terrorism. At our heart are our talented people working collaboratively to take our reputation further still.
This is an exciting time; the regulatory environment is in constant flux, with significant initiatives being developed globally and at individual country level. Concurrently Lloyd’s is working towards realising its Vision 2025 strategy, to internationalise the market and position it to take advantage of the opportunities presented by the world’s developing economies.
Dedicated to the profitable growth of the market, your role will contribute directly to Lloyd’s outstanding thought leadership reputation. You will be a member of the team that’s responsible for Lloyd’s oversight of the Market’s underwriting performance by class of business, but will immediately extend your working relationships across the Corporation and Market.
What Will You Do?
- Build and develop an ‘exclusive access’ thought leadership platform highlighting class of business, insurance and Reinsurance product and market characteristics.
- Undertake product research and participate in interviews with leaders in the insurance and reinsurance markets
- Build unique, new data sets providing measurements for the participants in underwriting, and the underwriting management community at Lloyd’s
- Work with Lloyd’s leading communications professionals to most effectively target the product of your research, and with Lloyd’s technology specialist to build the platform by which it is most efficiently delivered.
- Represent Lloyd’s, as needed, with the underwriting community and at conferences.
- Liaise with other Lloyd’s though leadership experts to ensure joined up delivery of these products
What You’ll Need
- Post graduate qualification in economics, business or numerate discipline
- Database and preferably programming expertise
- A track record of successful team working
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to find solutions
- Flexibility in dealing with people and situations
- Preferably some insurance, reinsurance or other finance experience