The role of the Junior Content Manager is to support the Thought Leadership Content Manager, acting as the web editor for the Thomson Reuters Legal Solutions (UK&I) blog, with responsibility for maintaining and monitoring content.
All activities are in collaboration with the Content Manager – Thought Leadership
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Manage the blog platform including the Content Management System (CMS), upload content, manage image selection and optimise content for SEO.
- Maintain an up-to-date style guide for onboarding of blog contributors; copyedit and (ghost)write content as directed by the Content Manager – Thought Leadership.
- Maintain and share an up-to-date thought leadership and content library ensuring accuracy and visibility of all planned and scheduled content.
- Manage and grow audience for the @TRLegalUKI Twitter handle and the flow of content to the Linked In TR Legal showcase page and GaggleAMP.
- Establish and manage all relevant recurring meetings with relevant stakeholders to ensure all opportunities for content are being considered for publication and distribution across the social media and blog platforms.
- Work with the Conference Producers for commercial events and others responsible for free to attend customer engagement events, look to repurpose content into blogs, videos and report, and promote events pre- and post- through social media platforms
- Support the Thought Leadership Content Manger in building a database of all third party academic partnerships/projects across the legal business. Liaise with thought leadership manager in planning a collaborative research project with Cass business School with the objective to produce thought leadership content.
- Own all reporting metrics across the blog and social media platforms, reporting on the marketing effectiveness of content, identifying the most engaging pieces and feeding back to stakeholders in marketing and across the wider business unit.
- Maintain partnerships with 3rd party organisations via syndication of Global Guides resources and circulate monthly content to partners.
- Build a database of all advisory boards across the legal business and supporting Advisory board owners / PL practice area Heads to better engage with their advisory boards – providing monthly content emails, maintaining a HUB group and providing general on-going support to board owners as and when they need it (e.g. during organising events with their members)
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must possess strong communication skills
- Ability to develop relationships and build and maintain networks with industry experts and senior customers
- Strong copyediting and digital skills
- Good understanding of the legal market
- Proven ability to collaborate across multiple functions/organisations and influence at all levels
- Proven experience developing engaging content for professional services, financial or b2b markets
- Ability to build and leverage from a wide network of contacts
- Ability to use initiative and work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to drive projects forward.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Journalism, editorial or content experience
- Experience with working with digital/video/visual content in a CMS, ideally WordPress
- Highly customer focussed and results driven
- Good relationship skills with a cross-business collaborative approach
- Strong organisational/project management skills
- Self-driven, robust, dynamic and energetic with the ability to work both individually and as part of a high-performing team