The Director of Events and Sponsorship – Investment Services EMEA is a senior role within the Investment Services Marketing team. He / She will be primarily responsible for setting the events strategy and execution for all BNY Mellon Investment Services events. This includes firm hosted events, Client advisory boards, industry conferences, 3rd party sponsorships and speaking opportunities.
The Director of Events and Sponsorship will manage an existing team of 3 events managers and will be responsible for the day to day operations and deliverables of the calendar of events.
He / She will be experienced in leading events teams, operating within a large matrixed global organisation and have a global and strategic outlook.
He / She will also be asked to oversee continual professional development of the team and look to build industry specific skills within the team.
Skills and Experience:
- Highly organised, adaptable, works well under pressure and to deadlines and budgets
- Commercially aware with global outlook
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Represent business at internal and external events
- Drive high standards of event management – consistent and seamless client experience
- Ability to engage with key stakeholders on agenda content
- Strong influencing skills to effect change and experience in building relationships and stakeholder management
- Ideally 8-10 years’ experience with a proven track record in delivering successful conferences, seminars and roadshows
- Financial services experience preferred
- German speaker preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.