The position of Head of EMEA Treasury Collateral Management will be responsible for the collateral management activities of EMEA Treasury. This role will be part of the International Treasury team, which is part of the broader Corporate Treasury Function within Finance. The role will have a direct reporting line to the International Treasurer.
The Head of EMEA Treasury Collateral Management will be responsible for the day-to-day management of EMEA Treasury’s collateral management activities. Specific responsibilities include:
- The development of an efficient and effective collateral management framework across the legal entities in EMEA. The framework should focus on sources and uses of collateral, collateral funds transfer pricing, the impact to LCR and other regulatory requirements, and efficient usage of collateral for meeting intraday liquidity needs, etc.
- The development of a collateral management policy that includes, amongst other things, a description of how our collateral management process works, our process to identify how much and where collateral is held, description of our principles in relation to encumberance, location and transferability of collateral. The collateral management policy should meet Corporate and regulatory guidelines.
- Represent International Treasury in various collateral management initiatives and work groups across the Company
- Coordinate and lead the end-to-end process across Operations, Finance, Risk, Legal, etc. to enable Corporate Treasury to repo against its various securities portfolio across EMEA (with central banks, internal and external counterparties). Ensure that the process is well documented, meets legal documentation requirements and follows EMEA governance requirements.
- Execution (or coordination of execution) of repo/reverse repo transactions with internal and external counterparties for contingent liquidity, LAB management or other regulatory requirement purposes.
- Execution (or coordination of execution) of repo transactions for purposes other than above based on corporate strategy, risk appetite, market opportunities, balance sheet availability, etc.
- Support International Treasury with other ad hoc initiatives, as and when required.
The Head of EMEA Treasury Collateral Management will work closely with the Securities Portfolio Management Group and the Funding and Reserve Management teams based in New York. The position will also face off to regulators across EMEA on collateral management issues, as and when required.
The technical skills, knowledge and qualification required for this role are summarised below:
- University educated
- 3-5 years previous collateral management experience
- Good understanding of client asset safety and protection rules
- Strong understanding of balance sheet management strategies
- Strong risk management skills and understanding of the regulatory environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Sound judgement and decision making skills
- Strong team leader and team player
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer