For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon’s Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients’ investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It’s part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients’ investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today’s market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon’s global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
The Sales Executive II (Senior) will drive the sales process from identification of key prospects, origination of opportunities through to execution of the sales strategy and closing deals. The Sales Executive II will be expected to have an in-depth product knowledge of the entire Asset Servicing product set and a working knowledge of BNY Mellon’s global offering to present comprehensive and compelling solutions to clients and be capable of delivering the whole company; the particular focus to be on traditional asset management, pension and insurance segments within EMEA. They should be intimately familiar with all relevant regulatory events and strategic industry issues. They are responsible for all commercial aspects of new business and therefore need a deep understand of financial and commercial aspects and align those with the banks legal and risk guidelines.
The Sales Executive II will work closely with BNY Mellon’s Global Client Management team to pursue targeted opportunities; leverage existing contacts within the sector as part of sales execution; present product solutions to potential clients based on proven expertise, in partnership with the relevant business, operational and technology. Partner with the Asset Servicing business and marketing teams to enhance BNY Mellon’s industry presence through industry conferences, relationships with key influencers and via thought leadership. Will have proven expertise and skills to engage with multiple cultures and various client types, understand the dynamics of the funds, pensions and insurance markets and build relationships with key decision makers, at executive level, across the region.
- Develop a sales strategy for the UK market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and revenue targets set annually but which will be in a range of $4 – $5 million revenue booked per annum
- Identify and maintain updated a defined universe of key prospects within given territory
- Implement a calling schedule with key prospects which ensures BNY Mellon is positioned with all chosen key prospects
- Coordinate internally to ensure appropriate knowledge networks are leveraged and relevant people are aligned with strategy. e.g. Relationship Management, Strategic Client Group, Client Executives
- Identify and coordinate additional resources required for achievement of revenue targets
- Networking within industry bodies to further promote the brand
- Provide information which inputs into Senior management / Product management for the institutional marketplace
- Provide the competitive strategy and executive ownership of the deal
- Assist in the development of the Financial Model and present to the Business Acceptance Committee
- Lead negotiator on commercial aspects of the deal
The ideal candidate would have significant experience in the industry, with a proven track record within a securities servicing organisation in successfully growing revenues.
An in depth understanding of all aspects of the sales lifecycle and a track record for closing deals. Detailed understanding of commercial models and financial acumen. Detailed knowledge of all regulatory, environmental and industry related issues which impact the financial services sector. Strong understanding of the key legal, compliance and risk principles that are relevant to the asset servicing businesses. Advanced negotiation skills required to close complex transactions.
In addition to the core competencies of Communication Skills, Decision-making and Accountability, Flexibility and Adaptability, Team work and Managing Risk the Sales executives should show an aptitude for:
- Strategic knowledge and skill set to develop regional/ market business development strategies
- Detailed understanding of all aspects of the business development lifecycle
- Relationships with key decision makers and senior influencers e.g. CEO, CIO, CFO, Consultants in specific markets
- Develop as a figurehead in their local market representing BNY Mellon on industry boards, committees, speaker at conferences etc
- Self starting and drive to develop market coverage and build market share
- Strong analytical and planning skills and keep updated strategic plans at client / regional level
- Ability to interpret complex concepts and create demand
- High levels of personal organisation
- Ability to motivate and manage colleagues and coordinate all resources / stakeholders
- Advanced problem solving and negotiation skills
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ability to think and plan strategically and to execute against a plan
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under high degrees of pressure and against significant targets
- Excellent communication skills and build relationships at top level
- Balance the internal and external administration duties for timely and accurate completion of tasks
- Strong organisation skills
- Global Competencies
- Client Orientation
- Developing Partnerships
- Driving for Results
- Decision Making
- Enhancing Organisational Talent *LI-POST-IS
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.