For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon’s key operational areas into one global team to better support the company’s businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle – creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets – CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
Team Description: Cash Management is made up of 3 primary functions:
1. Money Market Processing is responsible for the settlement of all money market placement and deposit activity for corporate treasury based in London and Brussels.
2. Liquidity Support – The fundamental aim of the group is to manage the Bank’s nostro account balances to zero daily where possible. The environment is fast paced and deadline driven. Strong communication skills and an assertive nature are essential for this team.
3. UK Control Room – the purpose of this team is 2 fold, firstly to manage our direct payment channels, i.e. the facilitation of cash in and out of the company in line with the relevant corporate policies and market regulation. Secondly, the intense monitoring our payment processing echo-system.
The Cash Management group is exposed to both financial and reputation risk due to the high value transactions processed and daily interactions with multiple areas of the company and external counterparts.
The group sits within Global Cash Operations which has multiple functions, including: payment processing, account reconciliation, query management, nostro account management and money market processing.
Job Purpose: (What the job role involves)
The senior administrator is responsible for ensuring all assigned tasks are performed both accurately and timely in order to provide a high quality service to our clients and minimise risks to the organisation.
Responsibilities: (Key parts to the job role)
1. Operations (50%) – Ensure the daily achievement of all assigned cash management tasks: i.e. timely and accurate cash positioning, timely funding of local markets, timely settlement of money market deals
2. Query Management (15%)
3. Risk Awareness (10%) – The administrator must have a sound understand of all the risks and controls associated with their role and follow procedures and controls to ensure these risks are minimised.
4. Reconciliation & Reporting (10%) – Provide workflow coordinator with daily balance explanations / reporting / reconciliation
5. Process Improvement (5%) – Contribute to our continuous improvement initiatives
6. Personal Development (10%)
Requirements; (what we are looking for)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong desire for excellence with a conscientious approach
- Proactive nature
- Well organised and focused in order to meet tight deadlines and client expectations
- Be able to identify and analyse issues
- Effective team worker
- Flexible to business needs
- Strong client service ethic
- Risk aware
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word
The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years’ experience in one of the following areas:
- Data Processing and Verification
- Customer Service
- Financial Services
What we can do for you:
- Challenging and supportive environment
- 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
- Highly Competitive Benefits Package
- City Centre location
- Competitive discounts on travel and parking
- Discounts on a range of local retailers
- Opportunity for further academic training – including NVQ, IOC, Degree, Masters (soft skills)
- Opportunity to join site wide network groups
- Opportunity to participate in innovation programmes (Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen), we recognise and reward new ideas
This role does/does not fall under the FSA T&C Scheme and the postholder will have to complete the Investment Administration Qualification within 2 years of appointment.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.