For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle.
BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets.
BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
- Ensure comprehensive knowledge of our Anti-Money Laundering procedures, ensuring all account opening and static data maintenance is carried out in line with internal operational and regulatory requirements.
- Act as a main point of contact for Embedded Risk Management and Compliance for the Transfer Agency Department
- Corporate Governance – Anti-Money Laundering, regulatory, tax and compliance requirements (new and existing) -implement best practice for the department and ensure procedures are up to date
- Ensure renewal commissions, distributions and rebates are completed accurately and timely.
- Ensure all registration processes are maintained in an accurate and organised fashion.
- Develop an understanding of all Transfer Agency operational processes for clients including technical requirements, regulatory requirements, cash movement and reconciliation, fee billing, Management Information System (MIS) and any other Transfer Agency obligations set out in the client’s SLA.
- Ensure your time is allocated proportionally across clients
- Ensure full familiarity with the Transfer Agency system functions and capabilities required to service clients within your team.
- Ensure weekly/monthly Management Information System (MIS) spreadsheets and client reports are accurate and signed off in a timely manner.
- Ensure client concerns/requests are addressed as soon as possible and within an agreed timetable.
- Ensure all staff maintain a proactive and professional relationship with key client contacts.
- Keep the Manager informed of client issues and their progress, highlighting to management any client concerns/complaints as a matter of urgency.
- Ensure projects allocated by Manager are completed in an accurate fashion within deadlines set.
- Prepare and maintain Project Management documents & conduct accurate system testing documenting test results.
- Allocate tasks to Supervisors as appropriate by providing coaching and leadership re: Project Management & documentation review and maintenance. Evaluate progress on projects by conducting and attending regular project calls.
- Ensure that processes/tasks are documented in procedures/checklists prior to closure of the project.
- Evaluate new/enhanced processes post launch date to ensure in line with procedures.
- Take responsibility for personal development and seek challenges within your role as Assistant Manager.
- Offer support and leadership to your team by regular communication on all day to day operational issues & projects, being careful to balance the needs of all team members equally, and providing coaching to assist their development.
- Ensure open communication within your team, with regular meetings occurring on at least a fortnightly basis. Ensure meetings are recorded with meaningful agendas and minutes.
Risk & Control
- Ensure work allocated to staff is completed in a timely and accurate fashion within agreed deadlines and periodically review checklists & processes (daily packs) for completeness.
- Review and approve all changes made to checklists, procedures & SLA and communicate to the team
- Managing risk through an increased understanding of business processes and the business environment, obtaining and sharing knowledge, to ensure no material errors or audit issues arise
- Assist with the preparation of data/documentation for Audit/ Trustee / Compliance visits.
- Adhere to BNY Mellon standard procedures and controls in accordance with Transfer Agency Department Procedures Manual.
- Be familiar with corporate policies and procedures in particular, the HR manual and the clear desk policy and ensure compliance with all web based regulatory training is carried out within agreed timeframe.
- Review all error reports and incident logs prepared by the Supervisor and ensure they are submitted within 72 hours of the incident
- Maintain a financial losses spreadsheet and ensure financial losses are kept to a minimum.
- Complete annual and semi-annual staff appraisal forms & objective setting for Administrators and Supervisors on your team within specified timeframes.
- Ensure staff process annual leave, sick leave and overtime records accurately on payroll system and approve same
- Ensure appropriate cross training is planned for Supervisors and Administrators across all fund types within your team and where necessary, in conjunction with other Transfer Agency teams, so that productivity is maximised across the department
- Display awareness of daily work levels and overall business needs by ensuring the team is adequately staffed to undertake responsibilities and cover is arranged in advance for members of your team when annual leave is scheduled or sick leave arises.
- Complete accurate return to work forms and conduct back to work interviews.
What we are looking for:
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong clerical and keyboard skills with particular focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft packages particularly Excel. Knowledge of Visual Basic would be beneficial but not essential.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Motivated team members with the ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- Professional approach to work and personal appearance.
- The candidate must have at least 3 – 5 years Anti-Money Laundering (AML) experience, preferably in a Transfer Agency or operational environment
- Knowledge of the workings of various fund types
- Alert management including the Chief Risk Officer and / or the EMEA Chief Risk Officer immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal control effectiveness.
- Notify management and/or the Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer and Head of International Compliance immediately on discovery of any material regulatory breach.
What we can do for you:
- Exposure to major global financial institutions.
- A fast paced environment which offers ability to develop and progress within the company.
- Challenging, fun and supportive environment.
- 25 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 2 extra days.
- Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
- City Centre location.
- Competitive discounts on travel and parking.
- Discounts on a range of local retailers.
- Opportunity for further academic training – including NVQ, IOC, Degree, and soft skills.
- Opportunity to join site wide network groups.
- Opportunity to participate in innovation programmes, we recognise and reward new ideas.
Please not that this position is based in Dublin Ireland.