Judging the Rising Star Awards is no easy task.
Several of the judges from last year’s awards stated it was one of the hardest judging activities they have ever undertaken due to the amazing achievements of the women who were nominated. We expect this year will be no different!
For our 2021 Rising Star Awards, we are leveraging the extensive experience and industry knowledge of over 50 amazing judges. Each judge has been carefully selected for their expertise in a particular field or their breadth of knowledge across the business landscape.
We are also proud to welcome back a number of our 2020 judges including Helen Pankhurst CBE, Writer, Women’s Rights Activist & International Development Advisor for CARE International; Dr. Diahanne Rhiney BCAe, Social Change Advocate; Paul Sesay, CEO & Founder, The Inclusive Companies and The National Diversity Awards; Margarete McGrath, Chief Digital Officer, Dell Technologies UK; Lieutenant Colonel Sulle D Alhaji, Royal Army Physical Training Corps; and Katie McEwan, Business Affairs and Communications Manager, Ann Summers.
We are also honoured to introduce new judges for this year’s awards from FM Conway, The Girls’ Network, Kier Highways, Natwest, PwC, Warwick Business School, amongst many more.
On behalf of WeAreTheCity, our sponsors and future nominees we would like to sincerely thank all of our judges for their dedication to female pipeline and for donating their valuable time to judge the Rising Star awards in 2021.
Our Rising Star awards are the only awards of their kind to focus solely on the pipeline of female talent below a management level. The aim of the 2021 awards is to recognise and celebrate 100 female role models and individual contributors across a variety of different industries who represent the future leaders of tomorrow.
The nominations process is now open for all categories.
A shortlist of ten women from each industry category will be chosen by an esteemed panel of judges and will be published in April. The shortlist will then be open to a public vote. Judging for the final five winners for each category will take place with independent judges in May. The Top 100 Rising Stars will be announced on 25 May 2021.
Our 2021 winners, Rising Star alumni, judges, sponsors and supporters will be invited to a prestigious ceremony – details to be announced.
Categories including in the 2021 Rising Star Awards are as follows:
- Rising Stars in All Other Industries
- Rising Stars in Banking & Capital Markets, sponsored by Goldman Sachs
- Rising Stars in Charity & Not-for-Profit, sponsored by Cancer Research UK
- Rising Stars in Defence, sponsored by The British Army
- Rising Stars in Digital, sponsored by Barclays
- Rising Stars in Diversity, sponsored by Citi
- Rising Stars in EA/PA, sponsored by C&C Search
- Rising Stars in Education & Academia, sponsored by University of Oxford Saïd Business School
- Rising Stars in Energy & Utilities, sponsored by National Grid
- Rising Stars – Entrepreneurs & Start-Ups
- Rising Stars in Healthcare, sponsored by GSK
- Rising Stars in HR & Recruitment, sponsored by Elysian
- Rising Stars in Infrastructure, Transport & Logisitics, sponsored by Highways Sector Council
- Rising Stars in Insurance, sponsored by Lloyd’s of London
- Rising Stars in Investment Management, sponsored by Northern Trust
- Rising Stars in Law (The Lynne Freeman Award), sponsored by Reed Smith
- Rising Stars in Professional Services, sponsored by Oliver Wyman
- Rising Stars in Science & Engineering, sponsored by 3M
- Rising Stars in Technology, sponsored by Accenture
- Rising Star Champions, sponsored by CMI Women
- Rising Stars Company of the Year, sponsored by Bloomberg
- Rising Stars Men For Gender Balance, sponsored by HSBC
- Rising Stars Global Award for Achievement
- Nominations open: 11 January 2021
- Nominations close: 08 March 2021
- Shortlist announced and public vote*: 19 April 2021
- Public voting closes: 30 April 2021
- Winner’s announced: 25 May 2021
- Award’s ceremony: Date TBC
*There is no public vote of support for the Champion of the Year, Global Award for Achievement, Company of the Year or Men for Gender Balance award